Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some support :(  (Read 10461 times)

BrightEyed

• Appreciation points: 1
  • Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
    • Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
Re: I need some support :(
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 04:51:25 PM »

Thank you- all of you. I hate that so many other people know these things because of experience.

And I think you are right Abby- the mental/verbal abuse is worse to me then the actual physical abuse. It effects you in a different way and is harder to overcome and 'get past'.

I was married to my son's father and within a week after I had moved in ( I was about 6 months pregnant at the time) he started to move onto the physical pushing and hitting phase. It was awful because I had nowhere to go back then. My family did not want me to have a baby in their house.. There was no one else. After Austin was 3 months old I finally could leave for good because he almost hurt him when he went after me. I have had a restraining order against him ever since. I started to talk to him again when Austin was about 9 months old but quickly saw he hadn't changed like he said he had and never will go back. He now has gone through counseling and a program called Safe Child (twice- ordered by the court) and is very good with Austin. He has grown up a bit- but I would never go back. I make sure hes good to Austin and thats all I deal with with him.

Brandon is different. He had never been in a relationship and has bad male 'role models'. He just lied and hid things and put me thru a lot. Nothing abusive.. I would never be with him if he showed any other signs. He just needs to grow up. And I do know what to look for. I will come here for more support too because it's clearly there. Thank you again.

We are starting from scratch to build nothing but good memories and start over. It is what we needed. If it doesn't work then it wasnt meant to be. But we will see with time.

Thanks again. I hope anyone going through really bad relationships will be comfortable and come to anyone with problems because you need to have support to stay strong.. and people with experience are the best. They know what you need to hear and do.
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
http://www.brighteyedchinchillas.com
central North Carolina

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 06:38:53 AM »

::clapp::
 |hugs|
You go girl.

Yes sad how we have to learn sometimes, but we did and do, that's better than many.
And we have to stick together, support and protect each other, we are the women of this world and no one has the right to belittle us physically or emotionally.
We just had our 'Take Back The Night March" I'm geared up on the subject and yes have been the subject of.
Text book Brighteyed and reads very much like your's with your sons father.
Just much much much linger ago. ::)
Debbie.nl.ca

lesliesuniquecharm

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Unique Charm
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 06:19:45 PM »

I know how you feel,I was there once. :doh:  if you need anything feel free to contact me. You deserve better, i know you cant help how your heart feels. You*ll find someone special, for you & your son.

Jessica

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 08:54:52 AM »

I hope things are going better for you now.  I've been there done that.  The guy I was with was controlling and very jealous.  After 3yrs of being off and on, he broke up with me for something stupid and that was it.  I'd had enough.  Then a month or so later, I met the love of my life and here we are almost 9yrs later. :)

Bogart

• Bogart & Cagney
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 10:25:07 PM »

>:( >:( >:(

NO WOMAN ever deserves any kind of abuse. She is the main frame of the relationship, w/o her...you have nothing. You are:
worth something to youself,
Have respect for you,
Have dignity for you,
LOVE YOU FIRST,
Heal

Laurie
Black Viper's 500 LMTD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up