Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some support :(  (Read 10462 times)

BrightEyed

• Appreciation points: 1
  • Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
    • Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
I need some support :(
« on: September 14, 2007, 12:35:19 PM »

Ok- This is really hard but I finally did call it quits with my fiance. It's been a really rocky 3 year relationship. He did almost everything he could to hurt me.. and I finally decided it was better to end it. I had been in a very bad abusive relationship with my sons father which ended with him being arrested and a restraining order. That is now a lot better and he has grown up and see's our son every other weekend. The guy I was engaged to wasn't a lot better.. controling and lied a lot.. the whole package. He was great with my son and loved me to death but he is too young for serious stuff (hes a few years younger then me- in his lower 20's) and he did things to me I never should have put up with but I did. He lost his respect for things recently and I found out he had been lying and other things.. and I couldn't do it anymore.

It's really hard for me but I'm sticking to it this time. I have 'left' him many times before but this time I made him move out. I need a little support now  :'(

thanks for reading
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
http://www.brighteyedchinchillas.com
central North Carolina

mikasauntie

• View Profile
Re: I need some support :(
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 01:10:28 PM »

You deserve to be treated as well as I know you treat your chins.  I wish you happiness going forward.  I know you can always find someone here to listen and give you a lift.

KB
KB

Sweetnessheart

• Appreciation points: 7
    • View Profile
    • 4 J's Plantation
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 01:27:22 PM »

Good for you!  A person shouldn't put up with abuse!  I know you love and care for him, but you only live once and you have to look out for your child and yourself.  If your relationship wasn't an honest one (now) before marriage....you can just imagine what it would be after marriage.  Better to end it now than later!  We are hear to listen to you and support you!
Janice and Jim
http://www.4jsplantation.com

ECBC V-Pres. - Southeast Unit of Ohio Branch

BrightEyed

• Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 05:52:19 PM »

thank you both. it really does mean a lot. today has been a long hard day.  :'(
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
central North Carolina

Abby W.

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 09:12:03 PM »

Bright eyed,

It sounds like you are really going through a rough time.  I am sorry for all that you've been through.  I hope this doesn't sound trite, but I am sure that this has all happened for a reason, and that the person you are meant to be with, who will treat you with all the love and respect you deserve, is out there waiting for you.

My best friend went through a similar situation, for seven years.  The guy absolutely tortured her.  She finally had enough, like you , and broke it off.  That was about two years ago.  She is now engaged to be married to a wonderful guy who treats her like a queen.  They are expecting a baby in January. 

So don't give up hope, and stick to your guns.  You made the right decision for yourself, even if it feels awful now.  In the end, it will all turn out right for you.

BrightEyed

• Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 06:44:36 AM »

Thank you- those are all things I need to hear right now.
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
central North Carolina

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 06:55:29 AM »

:)  We are all here to lend an ear and to give advice ...  ::) ... that's the easy part ... but, you are the one that has to make the decisions and stick to them ... often much easier said than done.   ::nod::  

I have found 2nd, 3rd and even 4th chances given to someone only means things get worse, the other person becomes more confident that 'you can't live without them', so they continue to do everything they have been doing and add to the list of bad things as time goes by.

You have found the strength to set him out, I hope you can keep the backbone you are developing and not let anyone crush it again.  Unless there is first respect and  open communications from both sides, love can not survive, especially a one-sided love.  When someone truly loves you, there is no abuse .... of any kind ... on either side.

You do not have to have a man in your life to survive or even be happy.  You can survive with out one, but they are nice to have around ... a bad marriage and a couple of bad-news boyfriends and 34 years before I found my true love.

You are the one to lay the rules down in a relationship as far as your physical and mental health is concerned.  The very first time something is said, done or threatened ... walk away ... run away if you have to, but never go back ... it only gets worse.  No one deserves what some people will go through, if they allow it to happen.   The next time, you could be leaving horizontal instead of vertical.

Just keep in mind, it is your life and your future, if it's not good now, staying in/or returning to the situation, will only make it worse and harder to leave the next time.  

If you've never had a chance to read the book "The Burning Bed", please get a copy and read it.

|hugs|  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Summer

• 4everchins
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 10:09:57 AM »

Good for you! No one should be treated in that way. We are all here if you need us.  :hugs:

BrightEyed

• Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 10:38:02 AM »

|hugs|  Jo Ann

You could never be so right. After one very bad relationship with my son's father, I can't beleive I let certain things go on.. I gave 10th chances to my 'fiance' and it did just keep getting worse and worse and harder on me to move on. Even tho I knew it was wrong- I let it keep happening. That is where they get you and make you weaker.. to the point where you aren't strong enough to leave. It is very draining. Everyone around me talked to eachother about how unhappy and sad I was.. and how I could live without it. Even though he is young was young at our worst time it doesn't give him an excuse to walk all over me and break me down. I do care about him very much. I truley love him and I know he truley loves me- he treated me very bad and hurt me in places I had already been hurt. He needs to grow up and realize right from wrong and what a relationship is about- however long that may take. I need time to focus on me and my son.. we need eachother and I hadn't been there like I needed to be. Brandon and I are friends. He is helping me with finances and probably having to move since our income was coming mostly from him.. he also will be there if I need a baby sitter. He's never been so upset- but it has been a long time coming and he needs this as a wake up call. Down the road it may end up to be that being apart for a while is what we needed- or I may find we didn't have what I thought and know I'm better off without him. Only time will tell.

And I will be getting that book.  ::nod:: I have had it mentioned to me before. Thank you very much. I feel like what you said made me a little stronger.

Good for you! No one should be treated in that way. We are all here if you need us.  :hugs:

Thank you very much. Every little bit helps.
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
central North Carolina

mikasauntie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 07:19:25 AM »

Just checking in on you.  Hope you're doing ok.

KB
KB

BrightEyed

• Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 10:34:01 AM »

Just checking in on you.  Hope you're doing ok.

KB

Hey there. Thanks-I am doing better, now. I was sick over the weekend so that didn't help, but a lot did happen to make things better.

He went to his family's and then came back to talk to me. We talked a lot and are taking a break. He never abused me- just did a lot to hurt me and was jealous so he didn't like me going out or certain people I was friends with. He knows it wasn't fair and I deserve my own time and wants me to have it.

He knows how bad it was and thinks a break is what is best so I get my own time to figure out things and enjoy myself. He is helping with things and picking up my son and looking after him until I get home from work.

I was really upset and things seemed to take me over the edge but now I think it's the best to take some time and realize what can be done. We want to make it work- but I may decide it's too late. It's going to take a while. I'll just be enjoying my son and spending time with friends and seeing where it takes me. I think if we start all over and give that a try it would be worth it. But we do need time apart to relax and sort out our heads. I may see it fit to move on to other things- we will see.

thank you again. It helps to have others to give advice and lend an ear.

:blush2:
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
central North Carolina

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 02:26:39 PM »

We're all here when you need us.
Be careful, old habits die hard, not only his but yours too.

I used to be a magnet for needy men, who gave very little return, my younger years.
There was this little spot in the back of my head that would tell me I could change them into the perfect men. :doh:
Boy have I changed. :D
Look out for yourself and your son,the right man will add to your family, not take from.
Debbie.nl.ca

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 02:35:58 PM »

::silly:: 
Look out for yourself and your son,the right man will add to your family, not take from.

Amen
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 06:04:43 PM »

Hi Megan,
I have been away from the computer for awhile and just got back to read this.  I am so sorry you are having such a hard time.  I can certainly relate!  I have had my share of bad relationships from men who hit me to men who controlled me and everything I did.  I'm not sure of what your situation is but I will share what I went thought.  I was always one of those people who said no man will ever hit me!  But what they never tell you is mean men don't start out mean.  When my man started wanting to know where I was every day I was flattered that he cared.  When he started being jealous again it was sweet. AT FIRST....  Then he started following me.   Then he would accuse me of being with other guys when I wasn't. Then refusing to let me go out.  Then the yelling started, then the pushing, and then the all out hitting.  And everything progressed so slowly that by the time I realized what I had gotten myself into I was embarrassed that I had been so blind.  I was afraid to tell my friends and family.  I actually thought for awhile that it was my fault things got so bad.  Then when I tried to leave I became fearful because it became obvious he wasn't just going to let me leave. 

Abusive men don't always hit.  Mental abuse and mind games can be just as damaging.  Men like this are much smarter than we think and they can be just as sweet and manipulative in their apologies as they are in their attacks. 

I am not saying that your man is like this.  Only you know that situation.  But since we brought up the subject I just wanted to share my experiences and hopefully let anyone reading this in that situation know  that you are not alone and other people have been there.  It is a horrible cycle!

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

Abby W.

• View Profile
    • Virginia Chinchillas
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 01:26:08 AM »

Jamie,

Thank you so much for having the courage to share your experiences.  Too many people suffer silently in those types of situations. 

I can also say, unfortunately, that I understand from experience.  To me, the mental and emotional manipulation and abuse can sometimes be far more damaging than the physical.  It makes you doubt your worth as a person, and your abilities. 

Thankfully, I can say that with a LOT of love, support, and patience from my family and friends, and my incredible husband (who was not my abuser), I am a healthier, stronger person.  And NO ONE will ever make me feel that badly about myself again.

I hope that the support we can offer here will help you, Megan, to stay strong and confident in your ability and your right to make good and healthy decisions for yourself and your loved ones. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up