Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUILDING A CHINNY HOUSE  (Read 1983 times)

Asikovsek

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
    • Oil Creek Chins
BUILDING A CHINNY HOUSE
« on: July 22, 2007, 09:03:40 PM »

Well I have decided to build the chins their own house...lol....They have always been in a big room in my house and I have had a cottage house in the back that used to be servant quarters back in the day...I was going to turn it into a small apartment but decided that the chins would do great in it!!!..its like my own little chinny house..haha...So we are gonna start gutting it and replacing a few windows and they will be all set!!!...that way when i let them out they can run around and i dont have to worry about them getting into things they arn't supposed to, and I want to make a big play area with toys and stuff...Im so excited and I am sure they will be too once they are in it...does anyone else keep their chins in an outside enclosed barn or anything???.....do you think it is a lot easier than having them in the house....I know with cleaning it will be a lot easier because the room they are in now has carpeting in it and my chinnies are messy and I am constantly vaccuming!..this way it will be a quick sweep with the broom!...the little cottage is has heat and air conditioning all ready in it so its just a matter of making it safe and chin proofed!...I am gonna post pics when its all done!! ;)

Sweetnessheart

• Appreciation points: 7
    • View Profile
    • 4 J's Plantation
Re: BUILDING A CHINNY HOUSE
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 09:07:02 PM »

That sounds so nice....I am sure your chinchillas will love it!  You will have to definitely post pictures when it gets completed.  They will probably want to stay out all of the time.   So much room to run and play.  ::nod::
Janice and Jim
http://www.4jsplantation.com

ECBC V-Pres. - Southeast Unit of Ohio Branch

Abby W.

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 07:06:12 AM »

Oh, that sounds so nice!  I would love to be able to do something like that.  My chin room is one of the smaller rooms in the house, and I am constantly struggling to find room for everything!  You are so lucky!  I definitely want to see pics.

Asikovsek

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
    • Oil Creek Chins
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 09:43:53 PM »

Well thought I'd enlighten everyone with an update....the chin room is coming along great a should be good to go in about 3 more weeks....I'll post some pics when finished...my chins are surely excited about thier new pad they are going to have...My female beige is ready to pop soon so they will be the first babies born in the new house...man its been tough but the work will pay off when its finished!!! ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up