Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long should I wait...  (Read 1768 times)

Stacy

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
    • My chinchillas
How long should I wait...
« on: February 15, 2007, 12:45:09 PM »

We are moving into a bigger mobile home in the next 2 weeks. It is used so we are going to have it sprayed before we move in. How long should I wait before I bring the chins over?

I finally let me little girl get a cat, and it has been working out great. An older lady had the cat and she could not keep it any longer. The cat’s name is Bookie. She is 5yrs old and 14lbs. She is scared of the chins and I am happy about that. I was so scared she would get in there and hurt one of them, but when one of them moves at all she runs for the bathroom. She is also scared of my son, but I think as he gets older she will get use to him. It has been a big change for her. She has never been out side or around a lot of noise, and my house can get a little wild at times with a 3yr old little boy.

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: How long should I wait...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »

Aww, I'm glad it worked out okay with the cat. I won't answer the spray question because I don't know but I bet your girl is happy about the cat.  :)

ChinchillAZ

• Will work for chins
  • Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
    • The CHINformation Organization
Re: How long should I wait...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 11:17:02 PM »

Talk to the company doing the spraying or the manufacturer of the spray and ask them how long you have to wait before you bring parrots into the home.  They should be able to answer this for you.  Parrots have VERY sensitive respiratory systems, just like chinchillas.   :)

Congratulations on the new cat!  I'm sure she's happy to be in your loving home.   :::grins::
Pages: [1]   Go Up