Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weeing on shelves  (Read 2100 times)

Pookahsmom

• Pookahsmom
  • Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Weeing on shelves
« on: January 13, 2007, 11:09:02 PM »

::silly:: We have a problem re: weeing on shelves. When Gizmo was in his cage that he is in now, he would wee all over the shelves. When he was placed in the birthing cage with Pookah for mating and then through her first litter, there was never a wet shelf! Except of course when he would get sprayed by Pook! He never went the whole time they were in together in that cage and it had wood shelves. Now that he is in the old cage again (Superpet with plastic shelves... yes I know it is plastic but he doesn't chew them) he is weeing on his shelves again and has gotten his son into it too! :doh:  The weirdest thing is thye have a piece of drift wood in there that they like to sit on and at times you would think they use it as a porta potty!! ::beeker:: There is poo on the shelf right below a hole in the wood!! Not to mention wee under another hole near a knot in the wood. ??? It is the ODDEST thing I have ever seen! I wish I knew what to do too. We have also thought about trying the litter box. Loki our other male does almost all of his pooing and weeing in the bottom of the cage. Any suggestions?!  Or is this just their...oddity?? ::)
;) 

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: Weeing on shelves
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 11:43:32 PM »

...When he was placed in the birthing cage with Pookah for mating and then through her first litter, there was never a wet shelf! ... He never went the whole time they were in together in that cage and it had wood shelves.
::(:Down::  Could it be he likes wood shelves?  He likes being with his mate? OR It takes a good woman to make a man act like he should?  ::)

When Gizmo was in his cage that he is in now, he would wee all over the shelves. ... Now that he is in the old cage again (Superpet with plastic shelves... yes I know it is plastic but he doesn't chew them) he is weeing on his shelves again and has gotten his son into it too!

::silly::I think he does not like plastic shelves, he prefers his wife to their son, he's  ::tickedoff:: at you, so he's teaching his son bad manners.   rofl

The weirdest thing is they have a piece of drift wood in there that they like to sit on and at times you would think they use it as a porta potty!! ...

:D  That is their "port-a-potty" ... just like a cat or dog will keep going back to the same place to urinate ... so will a chin.  If you've noticed when you clean a cage out, most of the time, the urine soaked bedding is consistently in the same place.   ::nod::  As long as the drift-wood is left in the cage, I think they will continue to be their favorite place to 'relieve' themselves.   :D

Not laughing at you, but with you ... sometimes you have to step back and be objective to see what's going on.

::wave::
Jo Ann
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 11:45:36 PM by Jo Ann »
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Pookahsmom

• Pookahsmom
  • Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Weeing on shelves
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 09:14:26 PM »

rofl  No offense taken!!!  Lolol
Pages: [1]   Go Up