Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expectant Mum to new Kit questions  (Read 3648 times)

LucyCaitlyn

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: None at present Kit due 22/23 Feb
    • View Profile
Re: Expectant Mum to new Kit questions
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 07:35:29 PM »

Hi MB30, Sorry missed your post, things a little difficult this week so not as clear thinking as usual.
 I'll be sure to protect my little ones from drafts/heat/sun  :)

Just ordered my lovely Andes mountain backdrop  :::grins::

Followed one of your links and wooden shelves are on the way  :::grins:: I know making my own would be cheaper in terms of £s but bearing in mind I don't have tools and not sure how safe I'd be using them  :blush2: in the end it's safer for Kits and me to go to the professionals.

I have made some fleece items and am pleased with my inventiveness. I bought a shelf stacker from Sainsbury's for £2. It looks like a long 3 step stepladder. I covered it both sides with fleece and secured this on each step at front and back and made sure that the legs were covered too.
I've been careful to do flat seams so there is nothing to attract attention and give them a reason to start chewing though I will be very watchful.
 It does offer another way to get slightly higher up and they'll be able to reach jump ledges from it.

I know you have the same cage I have and I'm concerned about tiny paws getting trapped where there is a gap at one end of the metal pull out tray. Has this been an issue for you? 

Don't know where my head was putting my email addy  :doh: I have a secondary name and addy I keep just in case, think I was having a Senior moment  ::)

Going to phone tomorrow for a progress report on the Kits  :) and confirm that I'm hoping for 2
  :::grins::

Once everything is in place I'm hoping to be able to put up photos and get a  ::nod:: or  :noway: before little ones arrive.

Forgot I have a dehumidifyer, got it in Aldis sale in Nov for use on my camper van so can bring it in to my flat as needed.

mb30

• Appreciation points: 36
    • View Profile
Re: Expectant Mum to new Kit questions
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 04:17:23 AM »

Heya i've just looked on here again. I have never had an issue with the gap behnd the pull put trays. The fleece bedding i use sort of hangs over the edge though and protects it. I'm more worried when the chins bounce off the walls that a foot will get caught in between the bars but luckily that hasn't happened yet!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up