Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dont know what to do its going to get hot!  (Read 933 times)

Mannybilly1030

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
Dont know what to do its going to get hot!
« on: August 13, 2015, 09:26:09 PM »

So my biggest fear was that temperatures were going to rise higher then the mid 80s in los angeles. For the next 2 days its going to go up to the 90s and my portable air conditioner has been running non stop for the past week. All i have been doing is cleaning, feeding the chinchillas and the cage because with my body heat and the light in the room they are in, temperatures go up to 75. Without me in there or a light on it drops to 73. My other rooms in the house get A Lot more sunlight then my room im just nervous about tomorrow and the day after because its going to be 90 degrees. It drops back in the low 70s by monday.... I hate this

edit: i have cleaned the filter to my portable A/C i dont know what else to keep the room more cooler then it is.

BLS Chins

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 103
  • # of Chins: 35ish
    • View Profile
    • BLS Chins
Re: Dont know what to do its going to get hot!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 07:46:30 PM »

Temps that warm is certainly a problem. I would advise moving the chin and the ac to a smaller room so it will be more effective. Chins really shouldnt be in rooms over 70 degrees. Can you take the chin to a friends house or a vet to keep until the weather gets better? This is a common issue with chinchillas. Heat stroke is something that needs to be taken seriously. It can lead to seizures, neurological problems and even death
BLS Chins
Hobby breeder and rescue in south central pa
specializing in ebony, tan, goldbar, standard and black velvets
Pages: [1]   Go Up