Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Messi won't leave her cage...???  (Read 807 times)

Messi

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
Messi won't leave her cage...???
« on: February 02, 2015, 06:45:22 PM »

So Messi seems to be doing a lot better :) she is eatin now and I have made sure to get her very healthy treats like cornflower & summer field dried flowers ... Which she loves! She gets one raisin or piece of dried banana every second day now..

I'm buying some new hay for her in an attempt to get her to eat it regularly.. I think she is eating a little hay now cause I'm tricking her and mixing the flower petals in wih it and this new hay has dandelion & camomile mixed in so fingers crossed.. She has never liked hay to begin with not ever no matter what I tried or what brands.. But I think I can trick her  ::)

Anyway my only worry now is that she doesn't seem to be as active... She used to come out of her cage on a regular basis and she used to jump on all her perches ... He also had a favorite hiding place on a chair she used to get to by climbing up the outside of her cage.. But she's not doing any of that now. She has good energy and jumps from the floor of her cage to the first level (her bed and cooling stone) but that's it at the moment .. Could it be that he is suffering from side effects due to her very slow recovery from the GA 3 weeks ago ? Could there be permanent damage ... It has been colder than usual here would a drop in temp slow down her activity? I have been trying to keep her room temp at a constant 19 degree Celsius for the last day just incase she's too cold..

If she still isn't back to normal activity level in a few weeks will it be safe to say she has been permanently damaged :(

She seem pretty happy at the moment .. Greeting me at cage door ..which we leave open all the time now so she has full run of her room 24/7. ...

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Messi won't leave her cage...???
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 07:10:57 PM »

You can try 20c and see what happens. Could be some damage there. Hard to say.
I'm glad your pet pulled through.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

Messi

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Messi won't leave her cage...???
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 12:21:00 AM »

Thanks I'll try the warmer temps and hope for the best.. We are realistic about it we know her age doesn't give her the best chances and it had taken her over 12 hours to come around from the GA.. Which is an incredibly long time..
Pages: [1]   Go Up