Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Chinchillas have those Dont carry me days?  (Read 655 times)

Mannybilly1030

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
Can Chinchillas have those Dont carry me days?
« on: August 08, 2014, 07:52:11 PM »

My chins have this every so often to where i carry them and they will get figity and want to jump off to play or they want to jump off my hands into there cage. But i notice they do this when they want to get there way... With playtime. And they will get mad and different with me but not my brother or my dad lol so all i want to know if this is normal when they have there "Please dont bug me days" and its not me over thinking there something dangerously wrong with them. They eat incredibly fine, excersise and water intake is great. There both alert like there suppose too. They are normally figity when i carry them but its not like to the point when there like literally trying to come off of me to play. I occasionally get scratched from both of them. Ohh funny thing is when im cleaning there cage during there "im mad at you" days they will sneak up to me and bite my hair.. Yea ik nice but other then that they will get tired and pretty cranky so i leave them alone during the rest of the day.

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Can Chinchillas have those Dont carry me days?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:25:06 AM »

Chinchillas are highly complex and can be influenced by many factors. Temperature, humidity, how much light they have in a day, sleep time in a day, and even hormone changes that are part of a monthly and yearly cycle. It's not that surprising that animals have days when they are not as calm as others. Some times of day they sleep harder than others as well.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

Mannybilly1030

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 03:58:12 PM »

Chinchillas are highly complex and can be influenced by many factors. Temperature, humidity, how much light they have in a day, sleep time in a day, and even hormone changes that are part of a monthly and yearly cycle. It's not that surprising that animals have days when they are not as calm as others. Some times of day they sleep harder than others as well.
Thats intresting and im going towards the hormones and humidity side my room temperature in my room is 68 degrees and the humidity percent has gone up to 71 % since here in Southern California has been quite humid. But yea i got my chins quite young so there hormones are probably sky rocketing and making them act funny haha but there still healthy no signs of illness of some sort since i check every week and when im not home my dad checks on them for me and the litttle rhings like the poop and nose or to hear for wheezing like noises.

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 05:21:55 PM »

Sounds like everything is fine. Have fun with your chinchillas.
Sometimes my chinchilla will bark at thunderstorms too. Weather can be a big cause for subtle behavioral changes in any animal.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up