Breeders > New Births

long awaited babies

(1/3) > >>

kageri:
Our first kits by Katsu, tov white.  These are out of Aika, standard.  We have some out of Aime, beige, as early as may.

I think we actually got what we told Aika to give us.  rofl  I haven't seen many colors in baby form yet though so I don't know how they'll lighten or darken.

GrayRodent:
I'm not sure if the TOV gene was expressed in the one. In the few I've actually seen usually it was a pretty dramatic effect at four months. If it did it should darken over time based on what I understand of it. As far as the white goes I don't know. I think that one is a bit more variable.
Either way those are both beautiful animals and I would love to see how they turn out in a couple of months.

kageri:
Looks like we have 2 females. 49 and 51 grams. Nice well developed, fat kits. Aika decided to cook these well and go nearly a month later than anticipated.

kageri:
I didn't have time for pics today but these guys have got attitude.  rofl  Aika dislikes dogs and has been complaining about them ever since her kits were born.  Well one of the kits was sitting under the hayrack bolted to the door when the shiba came up to sniff it.  The 30lb dog got told off by a 60gram chinchilla.  She wasn't sure what to make of this and kind of stepped back, stared, and tried again with the same results.  That got Aika's attention and she came over to make sure the dog was put in it's place and take her baby away.  Earlier the little mosiac kecked at my husband for removing it from laying under the blanket with me.

GrayRodent:
That's awesome

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version