Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possibly not getting along  (Read 888 times)

mojito

• Appreciation points: 10
  • # of Chins: 2
  • chinchillin'
    • View Profile
Possibly not getting along
« on: October 04, 2013, 06:49:15 AM »

So my 2 male chins have lived together wonderfully for the past year and a half with no problems. Lately (this week) they seem to not be getting along or fighting more often, but only during playtime. One chin starts chasing another until he goes in his usual corner he likes and stands up and growls at the other. When he leaves his corner he gets chased again. It seems like he wants the one whos growling to play with him. When there is no playtime or after playtime, they may start off by being on opposite ends of the cage but by the end of the night are cuddling in their house again. There's been no attacks yet, only standing up and growling at one another. I have had quite a stressful week and have been working late so thier schedule has been a little off, but this isn't the first time thats happened. I'm really worried that something's wrong with one or both of them. Thanks for any advice!

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Possibly not getting along
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:04:04 AM »

Considering this correlates with an unusual schedule I just have to wonder if that's the cause.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

mojito

• Appreciation points: 10
  • chinchillin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 10:17:51 AM »

Yea this week has been a long rough one, and my boyfriend who usually comes to play with them hadn't been able to last week so he was worried it was bc they were seeing him again for the first time in a while. I also have been leaving early and working until really late, so their playtimes are off a bit (usually it's an hr or 2 at night around 9, and in the morning for ab 30 mins before work) but I've done this to them before without them acting like this which makes me wonder. Is there anything I could do until my schedule gets more normal (next week)? They're fine in the cage, should they not have playtime tonight?

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »

I have no idea. I'm really not sure why a schedule change would cause that kind of problem.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up