Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bOUGHT ANOTHER CHIN AND CAN NOT TELL IF THEY ARE FIGHTING  (Read 614 times)

msladya

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
bOUGHT ANOTHER CHIN AND CAN NOT TELL IF THEY ARE FIGHTING
« on: September 27, 2013, 03:24:55 AM »

I purchased another female chinchilla her name is Zora. I have had their cages side by side for almost 2 weeks. I recently let Zora out into her play pen and I let Izzy come out (not in playpen) My issue is they both stick their noses to eachother but at the same time they both get jumpy. I have not heard a noise or seen teeth and I am watching by siting on the floor at their level. But the fact they get so jumpy makes me wonder is it maybe their whiskers are touching them making both pull back or does this mean they do not like each other? As I was writing this they did it again but this time I heard a small noise , Not a screech or a bark just a small noise and they keep looking for eachother, . Any suggestions?

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: bOUGHT ANOTHER CHIN AND CAN NOT TELL IF THEY ARE FIGHTING
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 06:01:18 AM »

If the cages are not at least two inches apart they are too close. But considering their whiskers are over 6" long I can image they are feeling each other at times.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

msladya

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:48:18 PM »

Their cages are far enough apart they can not even touch. It is when I had them out for playtime, I had the new girl in playpen with top so she could not jump out and the other girl could not jump in.. But they both were running and going up to the other through the playpen

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 04:48:53 PM »

I'm sorry I misunderstood then (You said bars so I was thinking cage). Either way I don't know too much about that. Perhaps someone with experience can comment. I've only had one chinchilla at a time.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up