Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chins Poop  (Read 872 times)

gasaraki03

• Appreciation points: 6
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
Chins Poop
« on: September 27, 2012, 11:04:41 PM »

One of my chinchilla's has been stressed going to vet and loseing one of its toe and all. Ive kept him seprated and noticed his poop is smaller than normal, I forgot to mention it to vet last time i was in and wont be back for hopefully last time till next Thursday. I know it fairly normal for it to be differnt under such stress but is there a time it should stop and go back to normal and how long to should start really worrying is isnt back to normal like week etc. Thanks in advance

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Chins Poop
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 06:41:03 AM »

Although I could be wrong I'm going to say it can take a few days after the source of stress is gone. In this case it is likely because he is not eating enough at regular intervals to stay regular. Antibiotics are really bad about causing chins to go off their food and causing serious problems with this. You may need to hand feed him a couple of times. For some chinchillas it only lasts a few days during the course of the antibiotics. Others may have a hard time throughout the course. Is he still in that cone?
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

gasaraki03

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Chins Poop
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »

No i took him outa the cone pretty much after the first day, he never chews on his bandage so he can move freely now =). Yea he doesnt seem to eat as much as his brother is, so what you said would make sense that he's eating less.
Pages: [1]   Go Up