Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinchillas Foot Has Blood On It  (Read 8964 times)

gasaraki03

• Appreciation points: 6
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Chinchillas Foot Has Blood On It
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 05:10:18 PM »

Good news i got Appa home today. He was at the vet for 7 days so they could change his bandage daily and clean it. Its healing on its own from the outside to the inside so there let that happen will just take time. He's been doing alot better his wound is much better the infection is under control. I'll take him back in 2 days on friday for another bandage change and if is going like it has been next time be monday for final removal hopefully.

I do have my two chinchillas separated I have since got his leg amputated. Do you think it is possible the other bite his toe which caused the injury i personally think it isn't likely since was his back foot unless he was standing on his back two feet, seems would be hard unlike bite the the face or something. I removed the wire mesh ramps and just left the one which has a cover now. Had a hideaway which when went to file it had so many sharp points and all ima just throw it away never put it back in the cage. They always jumped on it and all since was edible and tore up the roof. Thats my best bet on what caused the injury.

So either way i'll keep separated for little then let them be together in play time and if goes well have together in cage during day so can watch them then hopefully be permanently together again. Since one is obviously weak don't want him getting beat up on which is why will take time till reintroduce them.

Update: I put them together in the bathroom since they had time to cool down and Appa had dust bath to help get rid of new smells. Never really knew was dominate since neither humped each other. But when ever Appa is away for few days and come back Momo his brother needs to show it by humping. Heard just need to let it happen and eventually they will go back to normal. I have hard time letting him since i just assume its wrong by instinct so ended up putting Momo back in cage after a minute.

Appa on the other hand is back to normal glad to see him so lively he was running around bathroom whole time and is being normal in cage as well. Before took back to vet he just wanted to be in hide away not move much or be bothered. Was cute when about to leave he ran into door stopper what makes boinggg sound if flick it, it scared him he ran under my legs and stayed there was so cute. I need to probably let him rest though with all the stress, but just wanted to see how he is, hes obvious back to normal mainly which is why he is back home.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 09:01:10 PM by gasaraki03 »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up