Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need quiet?  (Read 854 times)

AnnieHank

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
Need quiet?
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:20:08 AM »

My little guy, Buddy was losing a little weight and I suspected it was to do with the girls being in heat so I've moved his cage into my living room away from them. Problem with that is I work from home and I'm wondering would the noise of me taking phone calls and typing and printing be much of a nuisance for him? Do Chinchillas need complete quiet to rest?
His weight has stabilised since I've moved him about a week ago. I could move his cage back into the chinchilla room during the day as they're all asleep then anyway then move his cage back into the living room in the evening when he wakes up?

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
Re: Need quiet?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 01:12:50 PM »

that doesn sound like much noise at all, he'll be fine.  :)  i'm in and out of my chin room all day long waking them up cuz i talk to them, or pet them.. [i just cant stay away] and i have two big dogs that have loud barks and they bark all day long on and off..[well you konw when someone rings the bell or etc.. they dont just bark non stop for no reason..]
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

cuculet

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Need quiet?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 09:41:57 AM »

sorry for the late answer but as i've observed my chin, he does not need complete quiet to sleep. I was worried at first but now i realized that my chin sleeps everywhere and anywhere he wants; even in the car or when i have friends over in the house.
Funny thing is that sometimes i try to pet him when he sleeps and he just looks at me with one eye closed and one open and then goes back to sleep.

unless the noise is sharp and loud my opinion is that he should be fine.

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up