Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinchilla Antics  (Read 8684 times)

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: Chinchilla Antics
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 07:41:47 PM »

I just got poofed for the first time by Cheech...
When our friend is round we sit in a line and let her run from shoulder to shoulder sniffing us and getting tickles. Well she 'accidentally' fell down onto our friend's lap and then 'accidentally' fell onto the floor. After I caught her I put her onto my boyfriend's shoulder again and went to give her a kiss and she poofed in both our faces. :o

nemue

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 07:51:44 PM »

Chong always sits with one of his paws resting on something, like a person might rest their arm on the side of a chair.

I have a picture of M'noke doing this, although I haven't seen her doing it since. 

M'noke sleeps on one of the ladders, with Kira resting on her butt. 

When I lay on the floor with them and give them treats, they like to sit on my face.  The whole time I"m praying they don't poop or pee on me!   :::((( They use me as a trampoline, and sometimes they think my face is as bouncy as my tummy!   ;D

Kira's fascinated with opening doors.  The door to their room didn't latch properly until recently, so she was always obsessed with getting out.  She can also open the closet in there, and we have a big can of paint holding it closed.  The cats always stick their paws under the door and she goes and pounces on them.   ::think::

I feed them when I get home at 5, and then let them out at 8.  At 5, Kira always has to come out, do a lap across the room, then goes in and eats.  I think she's just showing me she willcome out if she wants to.   :2funny:

nemue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 10:33:26 PM »

So, cutest thing, Kira did the Swish swish tail dance today!  She had hopped into the cage on their run, and looked over the edge holding onto the bars and swish, swished!  It was cute!  ;D

ONly thing--if this is a mating dance, do both boys and girls do it?  Cause the pet store told me they were both girls, but we know how smart they are!   ::think::

Jenova

• Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 06:08:54 PM »

Lol!

Deanna

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 07:40:57 AM »

Does anyones chins (2 or more in same cage) tend not to notice something till the other one has it?

Otis does that, but since I have one chinchilla, he usually sees something in my hands, and he sticks his nose through the bars of the cage to try to chew on it. Yep, he's teething! ;D

A funny story; once when my sister Christina had Otis on her lap, I was playing the piano. I was in the middle of the Can Can Polka, when Otis jumped onto the piano! He walked around on it and hit the keys, so, you guessed it; sound came out. That was to his liking, so he just walked around on it for, like, 10 minutes.

I was rolling on the floor laughing!!!  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
I love Otis!

Jenova

• Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 06:59:04 PM »

Lol!

Well, we often eat dinner and snacks in our bedroom while watching TV and if we do, Cheech wants some. Of course I would never feed her any, so if she hasn't had a treat I'll give her one, but she'll beg and beg and if I don't give her anything, she'll go to her food bowl and eat her food instead. She can't bear to be left out. :)

Deanna

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 08:51:33 AM »

Another funny story is that Otis chewed off the protection of his cage; the things that held it together. Naughty, naughty, naughty! We had to put a frying pan on the top of the cage, so it didn't come off. Yesterday my dad used something to protect it form coming off, and when we woke up today, he had chewed that off, too.  ;D
I love Otis!

Jenova

• Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 09:15:34 PM »

Cheech moved her box into the middle of the top floor of the cage. I'm not sure how she did it because it screwed one of her ledges on right next to it to stop her doing this, it's sort of wedged into the corner. Anyway I put it back into it's place and walked over to the bed. I heard a commotion behind me and squeak, not a nice one, and when I turned around she had it in exactly the same place in the middle of the cage. I still don't know how she did it, but I'm not moving it again, she was really p'd off!

And Chong always wipes his water bottle spout with his paw before he drinks.

mikasauntie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 11:10:28 PM »

We had a funny conversation over dinner this evening.  We were talking about Ari's fixation with eating walls and Husband called her "Godchilla."  Then, we were off, imagining a chinchilla devouring a city made of popsicle sticks, etc etc.  Maybe it should be "Chinzilla" instead?  Either way, we had a good laugh.  If only we had the skill to do something for YouTube!
KB

nemue

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 11:36:12 PM »

rofl  we call our cat "catzilla" because when we play games she likes to walk through them and eat the people! 

My girls both chew on this one pair of sock slippers that get bally.  they don't like the balls, and they are just helping me out  and cleaning them up.  On sunday my husband was in the room.  As he has to shave everyday for work, he doesn't shave on the weekends, so by sunday night he has some stuble.  Kira went up to his face and started shaving him!  She got one hair in her teeth and actually pulled it!  He was so shocked.  I told him next time he should groom himself better before visiting the ladies!  ::nod::

Beth

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 08:22:55 AM »

Lol, hilarious!!  I need a good laugh like that in the morning!  rofl
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up