Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spring Fever?  (Read 877 times)

Mogsy

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Spring Fever?
« on: March 22, 2012, 02:15:43 PM »

The last week or so Chester's been going absolutely nuts (And driving ME crazy in the process.) He just won't settle down. He's getting twice as much playtime as usual, he seems overfilled with energy and is almost constantly chewing at the bars of his cage and making little beeping noises. He's also started making these weird... warbling noises. Not sure how else to describe it. Naturally, I've had a look over him, and he seems otherwise physically fine. Eating, drinking pooping, all that good stuff. Is it possible that he's just getting "lonely"? :blush2: Is there a certain season for that? He's about a year and a few months old now. This is all a very recent change in behaviour, and it -is- springtime. Any suggestions?  ::shrug::
Mogsy & Chester (The All Fatter), Thor and Loki

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: Spring Fever?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 07:11:45 AM »

Does his behavior cause you to let him out of the cage more?  Chinchillas are very smart.  If he learns a certain thing gets you to open that cage door he will do it again, and again.  He is well past his 'coming of age' so I don't think it is a lonely issue.  You might start rotating his toys to give him more excitement inside the cage.  Soft music also helps.

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

mojito

• Appreciation points: 10
  • # of Chins: 2
  • chinchillin'
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Fever?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 03:06:31 PM »

I leave the tv on Food Network or Cartoon Network all the time and it seemed to help boredom (its also cute to watch them watch tv!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up