Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: not very social chinchilla  (Read 1124 times)

Skittlez

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
not very social chinchilla
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »

my Niblit is very loving she always run to her cage door and greet me lets me pet her when i open her cage she talks to me sometimes when she is bored (she does it when she is just sitting there watching me do my makeup mostly) but my problem is she kinda fights when i go to hold and take her out of her cage  ::shrug:: she will try and push my hand away but im trying to get her more social and use to different people so i let her out when my friends over and we are just sitting on my floor or bed talking id say ive had her for 3 or 4 years now her last owner wasnt home enough to be friend her much but she is social in her cage just not out when i let her run around i cant touch her she will hop away from but if i hold her on my bed she stays close to me and sits with me i dont know what to do i dont have money to buy her a friend i play with her almost everyday when she is hyper but somedays she just wants to sleep or eat or mess with my cats so i leave her alone those days, shes out of her cage now she runs to me and sits there but when i try to touch her she flips out and hops away :( i was hoping after a few years she would be more social with me but i dont know what to do any ideas??

almost vegan

• View Profile
Re: not very social chinchilla
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:33:15 PM »

My chinchilla, a perfectly healthy male, does the same regarding being taken out. You have to train them to be held. It doesn't mean they're not social.

Skittlez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »

she lets me hold her but i feel like im stressing her out and im worried im messing up  :( ive had her for so long maybe i need to work more with her :)

Squirrel_Butt

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 08:16:32 PM »

My chins do that too. They will crawl into my hands from the cage but once they are out they dont let you touch them. My oldest one will let me touch him when he is out but I have to approach slowly and he has to see me approach.  He is 14 or 15
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde
Pages: [1]   Go Up