Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with my chin cage!!  (Read 2094 times)

LeaJo22

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Help with my chin cage!!
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:58:57 PM »

so im thinking about getting this cage for my new chin, the cage i have now is a little bit smaller than this one. Its from martins cages. My question is should i get the drop in or slide out option and also would it be big enough for 2 chins or just one?

Thanks so much! sorry im new to this.

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Help with my chin cage!!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:47:48 AM »

i'm not too keen on this cage. everything is made out of wire mesh - even shelves - which is not very kind on their feet, you could fleece cover them but they look as though they're fixed so that may be a little hard. also if they are indeed fixed, you won't be able to move the shelves around. i find that my lot like to have little perches and little shelves around so it's handy if i can arrange the shelving the way i want it to be. you'll have to take the ladders out so if you decide to go for it, make sure these are easily removed.
i would say it would be a bit of a squeeze for two full grown chins. i've got two living in a cage similar to this size at the moment - they've finally decided they liked each other after six months of intros and it's her cage. his is a lot larger but she's only got three legs so i have to modify his cage before i can move them. they're quite happy but i would not want them to live like that longterm.

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »

definately take the wire shelves and ladders out please.. this way your baby won't get hurt.. you can put up wood shelves.
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

LeaJo22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 06:42:48 PM »

Thanks for the advice! Where is good place to get chin cages then? I always heard martins cages was a good place  ::shrug::

ylrebmik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:50:48 PM »

Piggybacking--

If you put fleece over the shelves, does it slide around under their feet when they try jumping around?

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 11:31:19 AM »

i have shelves i can take out - wooden ones, normally i don't put fleece over them but when chinchi had sore feet i put fleece over everything. what i did was to make a 'sleeve' out of the fleece, took the shelf out, put the shelf into the fleece sleeve and put the shelf back in. so it was kind of snug, all around the shelf so no sliding!

jbcstratton

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 12:41:30 PM »

I personally like martins cages.  You do not have to use the ramps and I just put my wooden shelves right on top of the wire shelves then add other ledges.  I like the drop in pans because they cant chew the pan and there is a solid bottom instead of wire mesh for the floor.
Brandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up