Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: getting 2 new chins today!  (Read 1758 times)

ExoticFamily

• Appreciation points: -8
    • View Profile
getting 2 new chins today!
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:52:59 AM »

So since Ive had Gizmo for quite a while now, I figured its time to get another! This time it is a 4yr old mom, and her 9month old baby! The lady Im geting them from is extremely busy, and barely has time to answer my emails, but I am going to prod her today to try to get the sex of the baby! I would hate for it to be a boy, and her to come pregnant already! Anyways... Im super excited, and ready! Im startin the cleanup of my pet room today, and gonna baby gizmo so he doesnt feel left out! I dunno how chinnies are, but I know my ferrets sometimes get depressed when i bring home a new rescue ferret!

On the way home from getting them, I plan on stopping at a pet smart in a rural town, because last time they sold me a brand new ferret cage being sold for $200 for only $50. I had brought in Gizmo with the cage he was given to me in (I had already planned on makng him a custom cage), and the manager came out and said he would just sell it for $50 since noone buys them, and since it would cost more then $50 to buy supplies to make a new one! (BTW: this has become my favorite "go-to" store for ANYTHING pet related, and I dont mind spending alot there, since they have EXCELLENT customer service!)

Well, I gotta get back to cleaning, sooo wish me luck!!
Ill post pics once I get them both situated and they are adjusted to my house!

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
Re: getting 2 new chins today!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 01:46:04 PM »

yay! i would suggest to triple check the sex of the baby regardless of what the lady says. you know what happened with my fluffy who was 'definitely a boy' (two breeders) yet she somehow managed to pop out four babies.

ExoticFamily

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 03:35:17 PM »

Yea, I instantly remember about your predicament whenever I hear people saying that they are positive of their chinies sex!
I seriously cannot wait till my girlfriend brings them back tonight!  And I swear gizmo knows somethings up, because when I was cleaning the room, he was jumping up & down his cage, and flipping over his little hut! He's such a lil booger! LOL! :)

ExoticFamily

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:32:56 PM »

I absolutely cannot wait till my girlfriend gets home with the new sweeties! The baby is supposed to be a girl also, but of course I still will triple check to be sure!  rofl  I am soo happy!
I swear all my animals help with my stomach disease (Crohns Disease) I feel like I don't get depressed, and it gives me something to look forward to everyday! Plus, I can never keep a frown when they snuggle up next to me! Not even my Hedgehog, who I cannot really snuggle up with!

ExoticFamily

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 11:44:29 PM »

Wow! Im sooo happy these guy got the most beautiful coat! It is a nice solid smooth color! Plus they are SOOO tame, and love to be handled! Can anyone tell me what color they are considered?  YEEEEE!!! I am sooo happpy!! :2funny:

This is the baby!

Close up of face

Mamas body close up!

Both of them on Daniels arm!

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 08:58:54 AM »

omg omg omg!!! they are sooooooo beautiful! i'm no good with colours but maybe some sort of velvet? they look velvety! awww so cute!

ExoticFamily

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 04:02:36 PM »

OMG Dianah! You are gonna laugh sooo hard at this! 
So when I brought the 2 chinnies home, I put them in the cage! Then took one out (to sex it), then put it back, and pulled out the other to sex it! They both looked like females, so I was safe to leave them together! 
So yesterday, I let all 3 of my chinnies out to play, and noticed Gizmo (my male) was really nice with the one, but chasing the other one like crazy!! So I put them all away, and wet to watch some TV!  After a lil while it dawned on me that one could be a boy, and thats why Gizmo was acting mean to it!
So I got ahold of one, and had my girlfriend grab the other one and we checked them at the same time (so we couldnt get them mixed up!). Well....it turns out one was a female, and the younger one was a male!
The 1st time I checked them, I guesse since they looked exactly the same I grabbed the same chinnie both times!!!!  :doh:
So I had to seperate them so they didnt inbreed!! Im just hoping they havent bred with eachother yet!
I thought about you Dianah, and I honestly couldn't help laughing.... I was sure that since you had already given me the heads up that it couldn't possibly happen to me!!!  :2funny:  :doh:  LOL!

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 04:15:59 PM »

easily done! when i had kits i swear to god i was checking them every few days just in case they decided to change sex and i had a vet double check them as well!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up