Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silly chinchilla escape!  (Read 1218 times)

AnnieHank

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
Silly chinchilla escape!
« on: August 03, 2011, 03:11:37 AM »

I got the fright of my life last night when I went to take my little friends out for playtime, there was no one in Buddy's cage. First thing I did was to put the toilet seat down and close over the bin while my boyfriend searched under all the beds and presses. We finally found him cowering under one of the beds about 20 minutes later, he was alright. There were a lot of poohs there and we didn't find any in the rest of the apartment so I reckon he scarpered there and set up camp. He had chewed through a bit of electrical cable but thankfully not all the way.
I saw him in his cage about an hour earlier so he hadn't been out that long. Weird thing, Annie was making her alarm call and I ran in to see what was wrong but didn't see anything out of the ordinary so I thought it must have been some noise outside. I never thought to check him but that's obviously what was disturbing her. They've been apart a few months now and have very little interaction, don't even seem to acknowledge each other even though their cages are very close. I wonder was she being maternal though?
I'd also like to know how the hell he got out, I checked the cage over a few times and there doesn't seem to be any way out apart from the door. I'm going to be paranoid about this for awhile.

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Silly chinchilla escape!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 08:59:49 AM »

That is intersting.

One night i acutlly i woke up in the middle of the night to one of my chinchillas on the computer keyboard. The other one had stayed in the cage. The only thing i could have thought of was that the door did not get shut all the way. The cage they are in now has 4 doors. Two mainly get used. I'm not sure what type of cage you have. I have a wire cage. You can just close the cage door, but to have to more succure, you can put the little handle through the above wire so its acttuly locked so if they did try to push it open they would not be able to.

I'm very glad that the little guy was found and was safe!

AnnieHank

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »

Mystery solved methinks!
http://youtu.be/dnaith_LHAk

Blondy40

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 06:46:31 AM »

AAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahah!!!! They are such smart little creatures!!! The wheels are constantly turing in that little guys head!!  :2funny: ::silly::

Squirrel_Butt

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 06:09:08 PM »

My 2 kits escaped last night. I was petting them, and they just jumped out in unison. I caught one right away, the other scared the s**t out of me when I couldn't find her until a half hour later when she started barking. ::scaredspeachless::
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde
Pages: [1]   Go Up