News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wheel  (Read 2533 times)

AnnieHank

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
Wheel
« on: July 18, 2011, 03:00:17 PM »

I have just ordered the chin spin 15". I am so excited! Hopefully they catch on pretty quick. My experience with the flying saucer wasn't great. Hopefully a more traditional wheel will catch on quicker. I can't believe I've put it off so long. It is expensive enough when you take shipping into consideration but it'll be worth it if they get a little bit of fun out of it!

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
Re: Wheel
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 05:24:27 PM »

chin spins are great wheels, i think you'll like it.
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 12:44:57 PM »

I have to buy 2 new 15" wheels.  I wish there was something a little cheaper as 150+ for 2 wheels is a little steep.  If anyone knows of a good quality wheel a little better priced or a cheaper place to get wheels let me know!

AnnieHank

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 04:47:31 PM »

What happened your old one? Was it a chin spin? Do they wear out? I forgot to check how long they last!

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 09:55:07 AM »

No, I had the standard plastic ones for them when they were babies.  I know no plastic, but its been a year and still no chewing.  However they are going to outgrow it here in the near future, so before it does harm, I would rather replace them with bigger wheels.

jbcstratton

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 05:21:27 AM »

check out chinchillas.com for the silver surfer, they are a little smaller than the chin spin but a little cheaper.
Brandy

AnnieHank

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 11:02:35 AM »

Thanks jbcstratton,
I could do with a second wheel because I have two cages. I looked up the silver surfer and it doesn't seem to ship to anywhere except USA, Canada and Chile. I live in Ireland. I've got by without one for this long, I suppose I'll get by fine with just the one for the next little while!
It did mention though, that wheels should be removed from cages with kits. I'm presuming it means very little kits. My two kits are just about five months old now, hardly kits anymore! They should be okay with the chin spin, right?

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »

you could get this one: http://www.shelfridges.co.uk/flyingsaucerwheel/ - i've got three. they're a bit pricey but i got the first one over two years ago and never needed to do anything to it. and they love it!

AnnieHank

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 09:53:24 AM »

I had a flying saucer before and even after 4 months, they still hadn't figured it out. It seems they thought it was a giant fancy chinchilla toilet!

I'm so excited, the chin spin arrived today. I put it in with the girls for a few minutes to see how they'd take to it. Once Pixie decided it wasn't food, she actually went for a little walk in it! She's still a bit cautious but I reckon she'll have it figured out in no time. Annie is eyeing it up with what looks like severe distrust. She'll sniff it then run away for a little bit then come back, sniff it and run away again!

iwantchinchilla

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 02:13:46 PM »

A wheel eh? Well I guess they'll use it, hopefully it wasn't a mouse-wheel, that could get interesting...

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to spoil your little fuzzball? Like, putting in lots of toys and objects in their cage, letting them do what they please, (unless of course it's dangerous) and giving them their favourite treats (but not ones like raisins, obviously)

I wonder if it is possible  :::grins::
A Chinchilla is capable of stealing one's heart.

AnnieHank

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 03:42:12 PM »

http://youtu.be/CQbtgz0LFbU

The girls are great on their wheel now! Buddy hasn't had a chance on it yet because there's no room in his cage for it but I might let him in to have a go on it some night when the girls are out playing. Really good purchase, lovely to see them buzzing around on it :)

ExoticFamily

• Appreciation points: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 10:20:38 PM »

Your lucky to have gotten a chinspin! I really want one for my baby Gizmo!! He came with a plastic wheel, and runs like a madman, so I know a good big wheel will be ALOT better for him!
Its pretty funny... When I go to clean his cage in the mornings and open the bottom door, if I put my hand like a wall to stop him from jumping out, he gets all mad, and bounces off the walls, and starts running on the wheel... Its like a baby throwing a lil temper-tantrum!!   :2funny: :doh:  He is just soo cute!!

AnnieHank

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 02:56:35 AM »

Gizmo sounds realy cute!
If you can afford a chin spin, I'd say go for it. My girls seem to love it, there are a lot of poohs in it and I've seen them just chilling in it during the day!
Pages: [1]   Go Up