Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: safe to move chins back and forth from my place to my bf's?  (Read 1248 times)

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile

i have an extra cage now bc i bought a cage that is 2 plus as big as there old cage. My boyfriend wants me to spend more time over there but i feel bad being away from my chins and having my mom take care of them. Would it be ok to move them back and forth or to much stress and i should just keep them at one or the other?

sarahlydear

• View Profile
Re: safe to move chins back and forth from my place to my bf's?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 06:08:47 PM »

How far away is it? I've read (on here) that they should get used to the routine; as long as their is one. If it's not to far and you give them plenty of time to adjust they should be fine. I would be sure to have their other cage made completely up before hand though. 

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 04:47:41 AM »

i probably wouldn't be too keen on doing it regularly. it's stress of moving, being in a new place and i'm also not too keen to take mine outside unless i have to - mae's quite often ended up with a respiratory infection after visits to the vet for something else because of the journey. then again she's a sickly chin.

perhaps see how they handle it. how often would you move them?

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 10:17:05 AM »

My boyfriend lives 40 min. away from me. I eneded up bringing them here on thursday night. We got there cage and everything set up before we put them in it. They have adjusted pretty well. They are eating, drinking and came out last night for play time. I'm not to sure how often i'd bring them down here. Typically I'm just here on Friday nights and i go back home on sat. With it being a long weekend I was going to be at his house till tues. If i would stay the whole weekened I may bring them every time. If i'm just going to spend one night I don't think I'd bring them here, i'd just have my mom take care of them.

Mine have never gotten sick from going to the vet or anything.They do pretty well in there travel cage in the car. I keep them on the floor of the front seat so I can keep an eye on them, and they are of the sunlight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up