Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Aviary!  (Read 1637 times)

Enna

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
New Aviary!
« on: May 16, 2011, 11:04:27 AM »

I haven't been on here in sooo long but i just wish to show off my new aviary for my feathered flock. Hopefully these pictures are not too big

Boxes!

Lots of parts (plus my black kitty blending in)

part ways up (you can see how the devils have chewed the wall some)

The full aviary

Its been moved and changed around since then but i just love it! In total its about 7' long 5 wide and 7' tall. It houses 29 birds (16 budgies, 8 cockatiels and 5 Green Cheek Conures) i'm blessed they all get along as i don't know what i would do if i had to revert back to small cages.

The only birds not in my aviary are my Maroon bellied conure, and my newest and last addition a Orange Wing amazon parrot. He was bit of a rescue so im still working with him. But for the most part him and the Maroon bellied live in the same space with no problem.

For more pictures you can go here. i believe you will be able to see it.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150101491174889.275453.624764888&l=8afaf2c993

Next up is working at getting the Chin a new cage (thinking ferret nation) and perhaps a friend

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: New Aviary!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 01:33:01 PM »

WOW!!!!  That is just beautiful.  So how come the chinchilla can't have a cage like that?  :D

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

Enna

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 03:51:17 PM »

Because enna doesn't have the space? lol. I love my Chin dearly i really do and i wish i could get him one that big but my birds mean everything to me. And after loosing the first bird i ever got 2 days before christmas i was heartbroken. Then to loose another exactly a month after i decided it was time to get them in a safer enviroment where they can't be chewing the walls and giving me less of a heart attack each time i couldn't find them. 

I think the chin will like a ferret nation cage as will i. Then when i can afford it i'd like to get a second one Then and only Then will i consider a buddy. If i can get them to like each other open up the 2 cages for them and let them live happily ever after.

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 07:31:49 AM »

Looks awesome Enna ::kiss99::
Debbie.nl.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up