Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alot of new stuff since last post.  (Read 8916 times)

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
Alot of new stuff since last post.
« on: March 03, 2011, 10:23:47 AM »

Hey All,

Been super busy around the house and work and have not had time to get on here as much.  So 8 weeks since the final round of babies were born have come and gone in a flash, Shandy our little mosaic female left and went to her forever home 2 days ago with a close friend of my girlfriends.  Shes in very loving hands and is being spoiled rotten, her brother Mallow Mush has been introduced to his 3 shortly older brothers and has adapted great.  The mother of them all Ebbie is doing good, a little lonely for a short period of time until Titan (the father) is fully healed from his neutering.  This was our last resort of course, we wanted them to have long term happy lives together with no more kits, so we weighed all options (2 cages vs neutering vs same sex pairs) and came to the conclusion they get terrible sad when apart from each other.  So we made the jump and had him neutered at a very Chin friendly vet here in Rochester (Cats and Critters) Dr. Joanne Hach did the surgery, she has performed a ton of them.  Surgery went great, Titan did good, after a few hours was eating and pooing again and slow to get back to the water bottle but eventually did.  The only hiccup was the fact he needed a few staples to keep the incisions tidy.  Those will be removed in 2 days.  So no fun for him, hes been wearing a cone to prevent chewing, hes done great with it, eating and drinking and loving us still.  So because I'm not busy enough with getting the racecars ready for this season, starting in one month and 2 days, I have taken up Home Brewing beer, and am successfully into my 6Th 5 gallon batch and is it delicious.  (I previously worked at a bar with 100+ beers)  I'm kinda a beer snob.  But just wanted to update everyone and say hey since its been awhile.

Justin

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Alot of new stuff since last post.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »

hey j! glad to hear titan's ok. i had my boys neutered a couple of weeks ago as well, not without problems as well, ffynn developed a seroma because he was moving around too much (single level cage but i couldn't stop him climbing up the side towards the roof!) and one of spock's incisions got a little inflamed. they are both doing well though and they're going for another check up next tuesday - hopefully that will be it!

so, were titan's incisions glued to start with? my vet used glue rather than stitches because the skin is quite sensitive in that area.

glad your babies are finding loving homes and while i can't say that i enjoy beer, yay for brewing your own! :)

Jhenderson27

• Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »

It started with glue yes, but considering he "enjoyed" it is an understatment.  So before leaving i asked why it was open a tiny bit they decided to put (1) staple in.  If they would have done 2 in each incision like they did the NEXT DAY after watching the staple fall out on the way home, after their office closed of course and a sleepless night later he ended up with 4 ( 2 in each).  All was well, other than he has learned if he chews the syaringe while taking his Antibiotics it pisses me off all is well.  Beer isnt for everyone, Venessa and I enjoy it and enjoy brewing together, a cute couple hobby.

Definatly has been a very on tippy toes expierence for the whole procedure but all in all It will be best for him in the long run,  He can be with his mate forever and they can be happy with no more kids.  Lucky arent they!   

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 12:57:14 AM »

hahaha that is so funny that he learnt that to chew the syringe to annoy you  rofl clever little monkey! it is definitely better for him in the long run. that's why i did mine and i can't wait to start introducing them to the ladies, it will be SO fantastic to see them sleep in a ball again. my arms are scratched pretty much to the elbows, mine DO NOT LIKE TO TAKE THEIR ANTIBIOTICS!

i think i'd enjoy the brewing. and my husband would enjoy the drinking! we had a pub in our old house the guys built it themselves and it had the proper draught beer pipes and all. which we still have. in the shed. and need to give away because they will never ever be used. they built the bar without checking how easily it is to change a keg and it was quite a squeeze! hilarious to watch!

Jhenderson27

• Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 07:37:59 AM »

Ha, i got a bar in my house too, all i need to do is get some more wine, im good on the beer and liquor,  People love coming over for parties : )  Hey if your getting rid of the bar stuff send it my way ; )

Im glad to hear everything is going well with your lil guy too.  Dont worry Titan hates his meds, well until his last dose last night, he loved it.  Go figure right ::)

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 09:22:31 AM »

haha awesome :) it was the same in my old house! i would love to pass the bar stuff onto you but it's mega heavy, and i'm not quite sure how happy us customs would be about it either :D

see, baytril tastes horrid but septrin is banana flavoured because it's for kids so they don't mind septrin! but they only prescribe that if baytril doesn't work. so meh.

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 01:59:43 PM »

Glad to hear all is going well Justin,as with any surgery hiccups are expected.
Had my pups dew claws removed and one of them got a little nasty. Nothing a little 'sporine could clear up. ::nod::

I brewed beer way back when,  ::) love looking at all the kits on the market now a days.
My dad has done it from scratch, but it's was much more explosive than what I was making.  ;D Both in alcohol content and the number of bottles exploding  :2funny:
Debbie.nl.ca

Jhenderson27

• Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 10:36:23 PM »

Ha.  No bottles have exploded her, yet.  That's just a side effect of well carbonated beer.  I have done about 5 kits then gone with my own recipes from scratch.  I have moved to doing it with pure all grains.  Its a fun hobby.  Well its late and tim for me to crash.

Jhenderson27

• Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 10:41:05 PM »

And I forgot and am happy to report Titan is staple free and no more cone.  He is back to himself.  Clean bill of health and in 20 days he.can go back to Ebbie.

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 01:21:19 PM »

::kiss99:: That's great news!!!!!! ::bouncyball::

Debbie.nl.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up