Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipad or other tablet  (Read 2476 times)

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Ipad or other tablet
« on: November 24, 2010, 07:14:40 PM »

Does anyone on here have an Ipad or any other kind of tablet or know anyone that has one? I'd like to get one. I'v found many different kinds online but I think i can only get them online and not in a store, vs an ipad which I can buy at a store. I'm not thrilled with apple, but i'm iffy about buying something like this online. I'v read reviews on some brands and some like them and some hate them.

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Ipad or other tablet
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »

i think the best thing for you to do would be to go to a shop and see them as i think they can pretty much look the same on the screen. i'm not really into the whole tablet thing, however, i have recently played with an ipad and the samsung galaxy and from that experience i don't understand why anybody would buy samsung galaxy tablet. it's a lot smaller and it costs pretty much the same.

i think it all depends on what you want from it - like you said, in the reviews, some people love them and others hate the same thing. there's also that some people love apple (i am typing this on mac  :::grins::) and some hate apple and would not buy an apple product even if it's infinitely better.

i think there's a lot more 'stuff' for the ipad simply because they had been running the app store for quite a while and it's constantly expanding. they definitely do have a head start.

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 02:23:40 PM »

i ended up getting the g tablet and the ipad. I took back the g tablet. I ushaly am not that happy with apple. The other tablet was rushed to get to the market, but i did like that it had flash, and flash drive port and the screen better. But i couldn't find the app for flash and it wasn't as responsive as the ipad. Also they had nothing for it. Not even a true tablet case to buy.

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 04:06:54 PM »

yes, the lack of flash support is a bit rubbish. but i know exactly what you mean, there's so much stuff out there for ipads and not a lot for the newer tablets.

i do love apple but i prefer buttons to touch screen and i don't really have much use for an ipad. this is my third macbook though.  ::)

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:36:01 PM »

I have an IPad, I use it everyday in my workplace and also for home.  Its a great piece of technology and the foundation that it was built on is a pretty simple interface.  Being that its an Iphone OS basically there isnt one person who hasnt had contact with an Iphone before.  More so im not an apple guy, I perfer to have something work the way i want it and be able to fix it myself not an apple "genius" that is more so just a yuppie.  However with the Ipad its form and functionality is good, its a sound piece of technology that will be around for quite sometime, in many different version upgrades.  You wont be sorry with an IPad.

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »

IMore so im not an apple guy, I perfer to have something work the way i want it

i am an apple person for precisely the same reason :)

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 06:02:59 PM »

Thanks for the imput everyone. I didn't end up keeping it. My dad got it for me but decited it wasn't worth the money. I have an old big labtop and a new computer that my parents got me last yr. I like the mac air labtop also. One day i'll prob buy an ipad or an android tablet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up