Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: i hate people  (Read 4753 times)

1newChinmom1

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: i hate people
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 08:12:24 PM »

Can you send a clothing item with her, that has your scent on it? When we had to go out of town, I left a sock with our little boy chin. I know it sounds odd, but during playtime he likes to sit on my foot and sometimes he pulls my socks off and drags them away to play with. :2funny:
I was told he took my sock into his little house and slept with it. I know I got it back after our trip and it was unchewed, but dusty  ;D
They seem like little children to me, so I do things I once did with my children, when they were little. And some work, some don't.
Can you send a glove, or sock, or something? Just a thought. Having your scent with her might comfort her.
I wish you both great good luck for tomorrow. Keep us updated! ::nod::

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know ???

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 09:44:09 PM »

Thats a good idea. I'v thought of that with my cats, but not with my chins

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 01:02:59 PM »

thanks for the sock/glove tip guys - i did read it only after i had taken her in but i will definitely use it next time!

well, good news!!! they called me as soon as they did an xray and dental and the vet said that they removed one of her molars which was probably the main culprit - it was wobbly, fragmented and pretty much just came out when they were poking around. they filed some spurs and spikes on her molars as well - we'll see if this will need doing regularly or if correct diet sorts this out.
the best thing: her sinuses and ocular sockets are clear, the top arcades are clear and look good! the bottom elongated root is there to stay. it is long but there's no disintegration or fragmentation of the root, there's no inflammation or puss or any nasties, it's stable and is not interfering with anything else.

so, she doesn't need major surgery. she may need spur filings every so often but maybe not even that given the improvement we've seen on her incisors!

when i came to pick her up, the receptionist greeted me with 'there's a very lively chinchilla back there!' - apparently she was properly hyper. they brought her and she ran towards me (inside of the box). she's not even annoyed with me! :)

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 06:03:07 PM »

That's is such awesome new  ::bouncyball:: ::gobananago::

What a lucky lucky animal to have found you!!!!!! ::kiss99::
 |hugs|

Debbie.nl.ca

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 01:46:01 PM »

thanks debbie :)

it's amazing what a massive difference 4 weeks can make. when i brought her home, we were really worried we'd find her dead the next time we go in the room. she would not move from her spot apart from when she went in for an attack or when she was barking. she never shut her eyes and was not interested in anything.

now, she looks amazing. according to the vet, her body and coat condition is really good and she really does look like a chinchilla now, fluffy and all. she's bright, full of beans, wants to explore absolutely everything, LOVES strokes on her head and down her back (can't stand up because of the missing foot so no tummy rubs and no chin rubs either because of the root), she shuts her eyes when you stroke her and when she's sleeping. she's getting really interested in hay as well - she has been for a while but could not figure out how to eat it, she'd take a strand and hold & eat it like corn on cob which didn't work and she'd get very frustrated and stop. now she's starting to work it out and eats it from the end, bless her. her poo looks just like any other chinchilla poo. she's happy <3

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »

i forgot to say as well (sorry, i was rather excited about such positive turn of events!) - chinmom, how sweet your little one took your sock into his house. awwwwwwww!

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 04:17:52 PM »

That's great she is doing so well!

dianah

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 12:51:09 PM »

:) she went for a checkup today and the vet was very pleased with her. she's going to be on antibiotics & anti-inflammatories for 3 more weeks just to get rid of any residual infection - she also has an abscess underneath her chin (skin lesion, nothing to do with teeth) so that will hopefully go in that time as well.

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 03:51:49 PM »

Thats great!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up