Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gift wrapping rolls  (Read 1440 times)

Chins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Gift wrapping rolls
« on: November 16, 2010, 08:29:40 PM »

Are gift wrapping rolls safe for chinchilla play?

I put one in their playpen tonight and they were eating it. I'm not sure if it's safe so I took it out.
Any suggestions please post, thanks!

Also, Ridley, our black mosaic, just sits in the playpen in a corner or by the side. Saurumon, our white, is running around, playing and climbing and jumping on us. Ridley will also do that but only for a short time. Not sure if this is a concern. When we put him back in the cage, he's running around and when I open the cage door they both try to climb out.
Ridley's fur looks great, eyes bright, stool and urine are normal. In the cage he's running on the wheel and jumping around. He's eating well.

I'm not sure if we should be concerned about his behavior in the playpen..
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:50:26 PM by Chins »

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
Re: Gift wrapping rolls
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »

another subject i have heard controversay over... tubing like that..

toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls... well i mean the tubing inside..

as long as their is no glue, tape.. etc on them.. they are safe.. bagel bites are safe for them and that is cardboard too.

as for the little one that isn't moving much, is this new for when he's in the playpen, if it is, i would get him checked...

Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

Chins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:03:08 PM »

Alright. The roll has nothing on it, just a cardboard roll. I'll let them play with that then, I was worried because I think about all the crap that goes into processing it. But I guess even wood toys have some processing in them.

Ridley is sometimes like that and sometimes not. Yesterday he wasn't and a few days before that he was. I wonder if he has mood swings.... in the cage he's fine.
We took him to the vet just last week and he had a clean bill of health.

Thanks for the input! This are our first chinchi's.  :)

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 02:27:57 PM »

I would keep on close eye on him, it's not normal for a chin to sit still when out side the cage.
Debbie.nl.ca

Chins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 12:20:30 AM »

We observed Ridley tonight in the play pen. He was really active when we first put him in. Then he was still for a little bit then really active again. He was definitely more active tonight than he was last night. He's seems to be fine.
Still not sure why he's more active some nights than others.

We're still watching him every night. He's perfectly ok in the cage. He always seems eager to come out.

Chins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 12:20:12 AM »

It look like Ridley got conjunctivitis in his other eye. Luckily we had left over drops from the last vet visit. Poor guy. We're not sure why he keeps getting infections. Saurumon is perfectly fine.

I'm afraid that Ridley will not bond so closely with me since I'm the one that has to hold him while my husband gives him the drops.
Any advise????

11/23/10- We're almost done with his drop, tomorrow will be his last set of drops. We usually give let him have play time either in a play pen or around the apartment after we give him his drops. In the playpen he will be active for a few minutes then sit quietly by the bars of the pen. When we let him roam the apartment he moves around and explores. We keep watching him and it seems he's up and down and we're not sure why. It's worrisome but not, since sometimes he's find and sometimes he's not.

He's jumpy around me probably as stated above I usually hold him while my husband gives him the drops. Advised insight??
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:57:12 PM by Chins »
Pages: [1]   Go Up