Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiya Folks ^_^  (Read 1382 times)

Kittenya

• Menagerie Slave
  • Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Hiya Folks ^_^
« on: September 10, 2010, 01:07:28 PM »

Hello people of the forum!

I'm Jen (Or Kit. Or Kittenya. eh. I even respond to 'hey you!')

I'm from Alberta, 20, currently live alone (well. humanly alone. I'll tell about the pets in a min) but will be changing that in a few months as the boyfriend (Braden, 26) and I are currently searching for an apartment that can handle us, plus the zoo for around the holidays. (Funny how hard it is to find decently priced 2 bedroom places that allow all sorts of critters and isn't ridiculously expensive... But. We're not giving up the critters. So searching we go...)

As for the pets...

My line up:

Poi and Lit, two male veiltail bettas
Amp, a male crowntail betta
Uda, a female plakat betta  (they all have separate tanks, so thats 3 ten gallon tanks and one 5 gallon tank with a single fish in each...)
Altair, a male bearded dragon I've had since he was a baby. He turned a year old this past June. (he's spoiled. has a 5x2x2 tank to himself. Even gets his own custom counter.)
Tiberius, an 18 year old female rosie tarantula (had her since I was about 4)
Tyrus, a 10 year old male rosie tarantula (had since I was 12) (so there's two more terrariums)
And finally, Mikro, a male (I think. He confused us as a kit and it was hard to get a good look, but now its pointing toward male...) chinchilla. He was born this past may, and I've had him since July 1st. He likes to escape a la houdini, and as such, my bathroom has been gutted out since I got him and its his territory at the moment. Sigh. But I love him. And he'll be getting a ferret cage that belonged to Bradens childhood ferret once we find a place, rather than his current cage.

And the other halfs lineup:

Floyd. a little over a year old black and white male cat, who loves to wake us up at 6 am for food. And resists all forms of affection. Though, he's slowly coming around now that I'm working with him. Braden is amazed at how much cuddlier Floyd is now.

.. and once we get a new place we plan on adding a girlfriend for floyd so he has someone, and possibly (depending on how Mikro's temperament works out to be) a friend for him.

But anyways. Thats me. And my menagerie. So...

Hi folks ^_^

BambiLove

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Why must chinchillas be so cute?
    • View Profile
Re: Hiya Folks ^_^
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 01:04:56 AM »

Hi jen!
Welcome to the forum! you have a lot of pets  :::grins::
I wish one day every pet will have a good home and be happy~

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 07:14:04 AM »

welcome
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

Kittenya

• Menagerie Slave
  • Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 01:46:33 PM »

haha thanks

And yeah... its a bit of a menagerie... And I'm 100% dedicated to all of em. haha.
Pages: [1]   Go Up