Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Chinchillas shed, and if so why  (Read 1168 times)

chingirls

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Do Chinchillas shed, and if so why
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »

My sister and I bought 2 chinchillas, well she did for us. she bought them yesterday on the 1st of september. we have 1 male and 1 female.
according to the woman we got them from, the girl is in heat. she could not care for them any longer, so she sold them to us. please help us, we want to learn
more about them.

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
Re: Do Chinchillas shed, and if so why
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 07:09:32 PM »

hi and congrats to you.. you will find yourself accompanied with so much extra joy in your life.

but first thing i would like to tell you is that with male/female you should separate them.. to many awful things can happen when you breed.    don't take this the wrong way, but i believe its imperative to learn about them first before you let them breed..

have any pics.
jean
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

sarahlydear

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Do Chinchillas shed, and if so why
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »

Just look around this site and you'll find tons of info, its probably the only reason my littel bugger is alive ::nod::
but if you cant find something particular then feel free to ask :)
O and chinchillas kinda shed, not in the cat or dog sense, but sometimes tufts of fur come out. This isn't on a regular basis and it usually only happens to my boy when he's fallen of something or squeezed through a too small hole.  ::)  You should groom them with like a lice comb, or something with small close together teeth, beware though it may take them a while to get used to it. Don't push it give them plenty of time to trust you before you even tempt it and then do it in small steps. Remember everything is nice, slow and small in doses when it comes to getting your chin to have a trusting, happy relationship with you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up