News & Updates > News

Explaining Board links and Symbols

(1/6) > >>

chinclub:
We have been adding a lot of new things and you may be overwhelmed will all of the new things you see under people's names beside their posts.  Here I will explain everything.
Notice all of the things under my name to left here.  I will explain them one by one.

First we have my name chinclub which is also a link to my profile where you can learn more about me.  It is green because I used my credits (You get credits each time you  post) in the forum Shop to buy the ability to change the color.
Site Owner This is my custom title.  You can change this in your profile menu
Administrator This just lets you know I am the board owner
Hero Member This  starts out saying Newbie and changes with every so many posts.

A member gets more stars as they post more.

Appreciation points: These are give by other members to "award" you for a good post, a good deed, or anything else they think requires a pat on the back.  

[give a point]   Click this to give the person an appreciation point.

Next you see a button that tells whether the person is on the forum right now or not.

Virtual Pet: These can be bought with credits in our Rewards Shop

Status: breeder Members can choose Breeder, Pet Owner, or still looking

member: Chinchilla Club
member: MCBA    This shows which chinchilla organizations a person is a member of.

The Pets For Sale button will let you know if a member currently has chinchillas for sale.  If you see this button you can click on their name to view their profile with a list of chinchillas for sale.

Pic: camera icon shows that I have created a photo album at http://www.chinchillaclub.com/forum/gallery/

Posts: This tells you how many times they have made a post on our forum

credits  These are the things you can use to "buy" things in our Rewards Shop.  You get them for posting on our forum.  10 for starting a new topic. 8 for posting to an existing topic. You can learn more about our Shop here: http://www.chinchillaclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,289.msg2843

View Shop Inventory This will show if the person has "bought" anything in our Rewards Shop.

Send Credits to chinclub This will allow you transfer some of your forum credits to this person.

The picture is a person's avatar.  You can choose this in your profile settings.

Edit your Profile by clicking on the Profile button near the top of this page then on Forum Profile Information in the left-hand menu.

Misskitz:
Ok now i understand.  :blush2:   i've been all confused trying what this or that mean. thanks for the helping post!  :::grins::

Chins To Love:
Thanks Jamie,
I feel so much smarter now!! :blush2:

Summer:
:::grins:: Ya it was a littile   ::confused:: But I like it.

Jo Ann:
::silly::Hi Jamie!
   Thanks for explaining!  The shop thing had me  ::outofmymind::
    Is that retroactive?   rofl

::wave::
  Jo Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version