Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: chinny run  (Read 1631 times)

Heather

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
chinny run
« on: August 11, 2010, 05:34:46 AM »

We will shortly be decorating the chins room as we are trying to sell the house and the ripped wallpaper look isn't so great! :doh: The chins will be moved to the living room for a couple of days, but we can't let them out there due to wires, expensive wallpaper etc. Has anybody ever made the equivalent of a rabbit run to keep them in a safe area? I hate the idea of them not getting their nightly run - plus, they aren't currently in the same cage so I like to let them play with each other when they're out.

Thanks!  ::silly::

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: chinny run
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 05:56:40 PM »

you could get a play fence and use it in your new house or let them out in the bathroom.

wellmalt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 05:35:16 PM »

We use a pack and play to let our guys run around together. The only thing is that they can jump up to the side and get out. So we have to stand right next to it incase they get up to the side railing. But I have to closely supervise mine when they are together because I don't want them to have babies. But it works if you are going to supervise their play time or you can cover the top of the pack in play with stroller mesh... Mine don't chew on stuff other than wood so I am lucky and this works for us.

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »

Wellmalt, you are lucky. Mine chew on anything they can get to. It makes chin proofing really hard. I'v thought soo many times that I have chin proof stuff, but then not. Thats a good idead except i know mine would chew on it.

wellmalt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 06:36:52 PM »

I don't understand how you can chin proof a room anyway... One of mine got out one day and the first thing he tried to do was eat the baseboards! Lol.
-Laura

Courtney

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 07:56:48 AM »

You could do it in the bathroom, that is a pretty safe place. Grab a pillow and sit on the floor or toilet with them. I used to do that before I had a chin room.
Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 04:40:53 PM »

wellmalt, lol. I feel ya. I think i have given up on chin proofing. I try and try again. Now they are destroying my closet at my parents house. chewing on the wall and door... I try to cover it up. It just doesn't work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up