Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cage Thread  (Read 4242 times)

nattack

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Cage Thread
« on: July 23, 2010, 03:39:01 AM »

I couldn't find one from what I can see...seems people mostly stick to using the albums here.

It'd be nice if people could post pictures of just their cages custom/bought ect.

I'm looking for cage ideas and I'm sure other people would love to see :)

I have a ferret nation already but it houses a ferret. It's a great cage but having two feels like it might be ...overwhelming... ???

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
Re: Cage Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 09:08:42 AM »

There are different sizes of FN cages.  Also if you check out Jmdebbs site there are some very nice prevue cages at a hell of a price.  Shes really reasonable and looks to deal with people.  PM me and i can give you a few tidbits about things i did with my FN cage to help the little rascals.  Also I can help you out with how to line the floor of the cage you got now with the wire bottom.  Ill take some pics and when you PM me i can shoot them back to you to help you out.

nattack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 03:11:39 PM »

That's right I forgot you can buy them one level at a time. I have the 142 rather decked out for a spoiled ferret.

But I'm finding that if I have his food and his favorite piece of bedding in the bottom part he really has no desire to go upstairs. So I've been considering closing off the top half of the cage (with the ladder) and flipping the bottom tray around and sticking my :chin: upstairs...and eventually ordering a "bass tray". Or possibly adding a third level.

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 09:36:35 PM »

okay i could of sworn i wrote a post to this thread earlier today and it's not here. this is weird. ut ohhhh if i didn't write it for this trhead where is it.. hahaha

anyways... what you have for your ferret will work great for a chinchilla..just take the plastic poop pan out.

here is my fn 142, i like yours better, and ignore the poop and the mess i didnt get a chance to clean it yet..

thats just a picture of a hammock and a shelf that i have taken out of the other at the moment.

http://s382.photobucket.com/albums/oo270/jmdebb/?action=view&current=MVI_1295.mp4
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

z168

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29:47 PM »

nattack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 04:42:20 AM »

Thank you. I was hoping there was a cage thread around here somewhere :)

So it looks like I can ditch the bedding in the bottom of the cage so long as my chin is litter trained? Maybe just dust buster all the little poop pellets once a day?

He went into my ferts cage and fell asleep on top of one of his sleep sacks so I'd say he approves.

Another option however is

I bought this ages ago for my rabbits...I realize it's mostly plastic...but I don't have the tray anymore (and have lost most of the plastic parts...lol) since it got cracked from being left outside in the sun. Maybe I could make (or have something made) for the bottom. The metal does have some rust damage though where it was chewed on so that would be a bit of a project...I'm lazy so I'll probably stick to the FN.

I liked the melamine cage in the other thread... I always wanted to build one when I had a rat...I found the materials to be surprisingly expensive though.

Debb what on earth is that green thing in your cage? A shelf covered with fleece? It baffles me for some reason xD

nattack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 04:08:51 AM »

Having a pet room can quickly turn into a madhouse. Especially when you have to accommodate the needs of different species...and apparently my camera is living 4 years in the past.

This is all temporary...bass pan and shelves will go in ASAP although he isn't really a big chewer. Then a more aesthetically acceptable way of getting up and down. But that's way more planned out and sturdy than it looks.  ::silly::

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 09:19:50 AM »

oh wow i love that ferret cage!!

Courtney

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 12:55:20 AM »

Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks

heiwa

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 11:50:30 AM »

That's my cages!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up