Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sugar gliders  (Read 1358 times)

kelly1277

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
sugar gliders
« on: May 18, 2010, 07:09:04 PM »

So I have wanted sugar gliders for years and they are now legal in Georgia as long as you have proof they are purchased from a USDA licensed breeder. So my next step would be finding a good breeder....Does anyone have any breeders they know or have purchased from???? I am not planning on getting any till the beginning of next year so I have lots of time to find a breeder and do lots more research. Thanks in advance!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind"
Dr. Suess

trsanimallover

• View Profile
Re: sugar gliders
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:53:47 PM »

I do know of a breeder it is Tropical Sugar Gliders.  He hand raises them.  I got one from him and he was an excellent help on how to care for the baby.  DO NOT ADOPT FROM PERFECT POCKET PETS!!!!!! :noway:  They don't breed them themselves.  They adopt them from breeding mills.  Also, they don't sell the right sized cage.  I do have two from them but i rescued them.  A lady bought the two from them and thought they came hand tamed but they didn't so, she picked them up by their tales and was afraid to feed them.  they have been though alot of abuse.  Don't make the mistake by adopting from them.  Make sure you get one from a professional breeder.

Perfect Pocket Pets=  ::tickedoff::     

kelly1277

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 02:34:03 PM »

Oh thanks so much! I have been searching around for months but I did not have much luck. I have found lots of articles on the glider mills. That sounds terrible poor gliders its a good thing you have them now! ;) I will have to look into the breeder you mentioned! Thanks again for the reply!!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind"
Dr. Suess

kelly1277

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 02:36:33 PM »

Also does he have a webpage? I would like to see his males and females!
Dr. Suess
Pages: [1]   Go Up