Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bambi is mad at me =[  (Read 848 times)

BambiLove

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Why must chinchillas be so cute?
    • View Profile
bambi is mad at me =[
« on: March 16, 2010, 12:52:55 AM »

for the last few days i noticed that bambi is a little mad at me. Everytime i come to give him treats, he wanted to go out and when i close the door, he started to mess up the cage and bite the cage's door as if he knows that i don't like it (i think he knows it because i always yell "no bambi!" and stop him everytime he does that). I let him out in my living room for a few times and 2 phones charger, cable, 1 ear phone and 1 USB got biten lol. I tried to hide it from him but someone he always find his way. And i do watch him too, but i can't spend 1 hour following a chinchilla, and you know how fast it is =[ he's just too fast for me. I do take him to the bathroom once, but the floor was so cold and when i touch his little feet, it was cold so i was worried. Also, he always jump on the wall in the bathroom and fell down very hard, so i stop taking him there because i don't want him to injure himself. Anyways, sometimes when i give him treats, he ate it and then bite my hand when i close the door, he bit me so hard that i was bleeding too. He had never done this before =[ can someone give me some ideas?

yes i have toys and flying saucer for him to run on, but he still hate being inside, i mean who doesnt, but still... is your chinchilla like that too or it's just mine?

thanks for those who answer  ::silly::
I wish one day every pet will have a good home and be happy~

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
Re: bambi is mad at me =[
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 02:22:08 PM »

Oh my sounds like he's got you wrapped around his littel finger.  ;)

They are all so different, but I have seen them throw tempertantrums. One will flick his food dish around and he knows I just filled it, but he didn't want to go home   ;D

Maybe he bit because he could still smell the treat on your hand and wanted more.

And yes most will chew the legs off the table if give sufficient time. LOL

You can get a doggy crate and set it up for a play area for him. Put boxes and things in there so it's different from his cage, and he'll have room to romp.
Debbie.nl.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up