Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone used this cage before?  (Read 1339 times)

Thefame

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Has anyone used this cage before?
« on: April 18, 2010, 11:22:52 AM »

Im soon to get a new baby chin and I want everything to be right for him/her.  I dont know if this cage is to big / small for him/her. 

http://www.martinscages.com/products/cages/chinchilla/   Its the The Chinchilla Highrise (FC-430HR)

Thefame

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone used this cage before?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »

Forgot to add... the 2 extras that come with the cages you can buy, the slide in pan and flip top lid, are they really nice to have?

RollinEK

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone used this cage before?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 05:44:35 PM »

I personally think no cage can be too big. These little guys live to explore. My concern about the cage is all the wire platforms for their little feet to get stuck in and cause an injury. You might as how big is the spacing between the wires, i didnt see anywhere it says that. The slide out pan is a big help. I built my own cage in a few hours, i didnt make it have a slide out pan, i just vacuum it all out with a shop-vac, ( while the chin is out ), then clean my pan with a mild soap and let it air dry. If you wish, i can find the link i found how to make your own cage in and link it to you. I spent about $140 to build mine, and it is awesome.. ( the chin thinks so anyways )
Chinny Ranch Rescue
ChinnyRanchRescue@gmail.com
Serving the OKlahoma City Area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up