Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just got two robo hamsters!!!  (Read 3989 times)

Hoppinchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
I just got two robo hamsters!!!
« on: March 16, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »

So, i just got new robo hamsters. They are soooo cute!!! I got 2 females. I will try to up load a pic of them. In a day or so i'd like to see what my chins think of them, but i'm not sure if thats a good idea or not. I was also thinking of putting their cage right next to to by the chins cage. I haven't came up with def names for them yet. I'm thinking tiny and tenny or spastic( this one climbs up the cage), i don't know if i'm spelling that right, and Mcfatty (goes in the food bowl), but they are soo tiny and not fat at all. So i'm not sure. It said that they are to big and I don't think i remember how to make them smaller

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
Re: I just got two robo hamsters!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:27:06 PM »

so one of my hamsters is chewing on the wire and its driving me crazy. There are wooden chew toys in the cage and another chew cage. How do i get her to stop? Can i put vinagur on the wires? Any ideas would be helpful. I'v tried to put my fingur where she was chewing at and she gets down, but i can't get up from bed all through the night.

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 11:24:34 AM »

my niece and nephew have them.. they are soo adorable.

jean
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 01:48:43 PM »

Aww congrats. Some sweet they are, I just wish they lived longer.
We have one now and he's steady chewing the cage wires during he waking hours. I'd never be able to sleep with him  :D He chews on everything in his cage.
We hung a tube for him and I love how he packs it with bedding, and has just little hole leading to his den. The night we clean the cage he's some quiet, all he does is rebuild with the bedding.

:2funny:  That's nothing he's a she  :2funny:

Sugar Bear
Debbie.nl.ca

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »

aww. Thats cute. I was watching them yesterday and they were walking around under the bedding. The first night i got them, when i woke up they had put a pile of the bedding under the wheel, which they both get on it sometimes. Sometimes they run in the same direction and sometimes they don.t. Its funny. The cage i have has a tunnel and it goes up to a petting area. My friend said that they will prob put bedding up there and sleep. I'm at my ex's tonight. I brought them over and our kitty likes them. We put them in the bedroom when we left, and waldo was sniffing around where they had been. When we got back 30 mins later, waldo was trying to get into the bedroom, he had found them. Its cute, he just sits there and watches them. It does stink that they don.t live long. I won't be as attached to them as the chins.

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 02:06:58 PM »

i was wondering what do all of you feed the hamsters? I have them on mazual pellets. I'm not home to to spell it right. I think the petstore had them on a different pellets and nutralphase gold i think.

Lost

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 03:14:41 PM »

Well, I know my friend had rats and chinchillas with their cages next to one another and, as far as I know, it worked out just fine. I only visited once, but she didn't mention anything about poor relations between the related parties.

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 07:47:17 PM »

what about the chins playing with the hamsters? Also, i'm afried that the they aren't getting enough water from the water bottel that came with their cage. But i put a cap in there and they didn't drink from it while i had it in there, so i guess they are.

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 07:56:38 PM »

i tried to up load a pic from my phone but i can't find the one i wanted to up load. The cage i have is called one level habitat by super pet critter trail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up