Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switched Chinnies room...good or bad?  (Read 2114 times)

gina

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Switched Chinnies room...good or bad?
« on: March 11, 2010, 12:55:02 AM »

Please help!
I am feeling really guilty. I just recently moved my 2 male chinnies I have had for 3 months to a different room in the house I live in from my bedroom they were in before. Is this not recommended?  They are so noisy at night  ::pull hair:: tossing the things in their cage, jumping about and making noises. They are 9 months old now and I have had them for 3 months in my bedroom with me.  But after (just recently) 3 nights straight with NO sleep, I cannot endure it much longer.  Do you think they will become less friendly or shy away from me, maybe affect the bonding we already have? A new cage (much larger) is coming this week that I custom ordered for them. They needed a better cage. Maybe this will help as well??? Any suggestions? Move them back into my bedroom? What to do? I love them  ::kiss99:: so much it kills me   ::sadtears:: to not have them with me at night. I have no children or other pets and live with 4 other adult girls in the house who like to give them attention too. They are in the dining/kitchen area now and get attention still. Also, they get out of their cage for an hour every evening except sundays. Please suggest.... ::confused::
...Aren't they they Cutest when they're Sleeping?... Gina :)

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
Re: Switched Chinnies room...good or bad?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:08:05 AM »

aww. I have that problem to. I just moved back to my parents and they are back in my room. They do sometimes keep me up at night. I'v thought of moving mine to the bacement bc its the only other place i can keep them, but thats too far away. It sounds like they may get more attention were you moved them bc your roommates like them to. I'd just be worried about the noise.

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:09:02 AM »

Are they showing any signs of stress?  If they are well bonded, easy going chinchillas there shouldn't be any problem.  I have moved my  chinchillas around many times.  Some even seem to like the change.  There are some high strung chinchillas that don't deal with change but most are too curious to care.

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »

also, did you read a different post about keeping them in the kicten? If not you should. Its a few posts down from yours. I'm not sure how yours is set up, it talks about dust getting all over where you cook and how much the oven heats the room. A dishwasher will heat it a bit also.

gina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 10:44:47 PM »

Oh yes! I read the other posts...
they have been in the "dining" room for a week and a haLf now with their NEW cage..
http://www.customcageworks.com/cage_gallery/chin/index.html
Check It Out!    and   they LOVE it! Lotsa attention from my roomates..more room (3 levels now not just one)
they are not near an oven (other room)..they are by a big window and no dishwashing machine in this house! I still keep their digital thermometer and humidity device next to their cage. They are very content and show it in their actions and reactions to me! ::thumbsup::

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 10:16:49 AM »

Awesome!
Not sure what cage you got, but I so love that copper one, looks so nice.
Debbie.nl.ca

gina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 11:39:28 PM »

I did get the copper one! That is SOOOOO funny! I can post some photos if you like. Its a 3 level apartment and they are bouncing around like a bunch of rubber balls  ::bouncyball:: in there! It is sooooo cute!  My boyfriend gave me most of it  (the money for the cage)as a gift for Valentimes Day  ::kiss99:: gift and I upgraded and had the black parts powder coated white instead of black (the base, that is, not the chinnie part of it). Looks nicer. Great company, too  ::thumbsup:: if anyone is interested in an amazing cage thats super high quality!!! It came delivered on a pallette it is so big!
Pages: [1]   Go Up