Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: grinding teeth?  (Read 1165 times)

BambiLove

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Why must chinchillas be so cute?
    • View Profile
grinding teeth?
« on: February 26, 2010, 01:14:05 AM »

i notice that my chinchilla started to grind his teeth (just only for the last few days), i never seen him doing it before. i have plenty of toys and things for him to chew (i have lava bites and some woods block) , but he doesnt seem to be interested in chewing anything, i only see him chew a little, but he likes to destroy his litter box. is there anything wrong with him? and the other day i saw him pull out his penis and he was like licking it cleaning it, is that normal?? i did check for hair ring and he was clear.
I wish one day every pet will have a good home and be happy~

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
Re: grinding teeth?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »

he is perfectly normal.  i don't know why, but chins do grind their teeth. now if its' constant like 24/7 i'd worry, but here and there is totally normal.. scared the daylights out of me the first time i heard it.  as for his penis, he is doing his own hair ring check, they clean themselves so again not to worry, totally normal, you should still do your hair ring checks tho.  as for destorying everything... yuppp..  don't they always get into what we don't want them too, oh not just chins.. all animals. i think they purposely try to drive us insane.
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up