Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sleepy chin?  (Read 889 times)

olivia41

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
sleepy chin?
« on: March 02, 2010, 04:13:41 PM »

Hi, i'm wondering if this is normal or not. My chin Liv loves to be out running around my room, watching tv with us and any other love we can give him! I noticed alot that when i come in to take them out the same times as every day, he will be waiting for me and will be active when he comes out (i usually take them out twice a day, once in the morning and once at night) Sometimes though I'll take them out for free play in the middle of the day if i'm just studying and such, Liv ALWAYS comes out and seems excited when I go to open the door but then once he's out he'll go under my bed and sleep! he'll lay right down on my carpet or on top of a cuddle buddy i have for him. Indy, however, will only come out if he's hyper, if he's tired (usually in the middle of the day) he'll just sleep in his cage. Is Liv a weirdo? Is this something I should worry about? Keep in mind he's very active otherwise during free play, it's usually the rare occasion when i take him around 4:00 in the afternoon.

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: sleepy chin?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »

That is normal.  Chinchillas do their sleeping during the day but will adjust their sleeping schedule around your routine.  When you change the routine you are getting them out of bed.   It would be the same thing as if someone came to visit you during your normal nighttime sleep hours.  You'd get up and try to visit but you'd probably be fighting to stay awake.  :)

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina
Pages: [1]   Go Up