Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi from canada  (Read 1631 times)

NewChinMommy

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Hi from canada
« on: September 24, 2009, 04:32:41 PM »

My name is Victoria and i am from Calgary, Alberta Canada.  I am an almost new chinchilla owner(i am getting my first one a 2 year old brown velvet female) I am pretty excited since i had an ad up looking for for a female chin and someone replied with that female so next weekend i will get her and the guy will be dropping her off to me.  I am have an old cage since she doesn't come with one until i can find a way better cage with different levels for her to play on.  I am very excited for this experience.  I have rescued and been a foster mom to a pitbull, border collies crosses(at 4 weeks old) and about 100 or so cats and fostered two diabetic degus.  My new degus name is jelly bean and i cant wait to see her next weekend. 

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: Hi from canada
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 06:18:26 AM »

::silly::   Hi Victoria!  Welcome to the Chinchilla Club Forum and soon to the Wonderful World of chinchillas!

I see you are an animal lover, as many of us here are.   ::nod::   I use to do foster-parenting to cats and dogs also.  I had to give it up when I got my chinchillas.  I miss my cats, but I can't get rid of my chinchillas.

Just a word of caution before you get your chin home. One thing that can kill a chinchilla quickly, is feline distemper.  As I am sure you already know, feline distemper is cat pneumonia.  There are cats that you know have it (because you can see it is sick) and cats that are carriers of it, but never show any signs of it.  It is highly contagious and can kill a chinchilla within 24 to 48 hours. 

The one you are getting really looks pretty.  Have you thought of a name yet, or are you waiting until you get to know her first?

::wave::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
Re: Hi from canada
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 05:37:21 PM »

::wave:: Victoria,
Welcome to the club, can't wait to hear stories when you get her home. I just know we will. ;)
Debbie.nl.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up