Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: whens the best time?  (Read 1333 times)

olivia41

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
whens the best time?
« on: July 31, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »

Hi.. as most of you know i've had my chin Liv for a while now and we recently got our new baby Indy and we've been letting them run around together everyday.  rofl At first of course they kept trying to hump each other but now they are doing that a lot less. My boyfriend and I have noticed that Liv (the older one) is more often laying on top of Indy and cleaning him around his ears and everything. Indy is not making any noises at all so we assume that he's not hurting him. This is a good sign right? If this is happening close to everyday how long do you think we should wait until we can put them in the same cage?  :::grins::

Petco Chinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • My Baby, Fluff Muffin
    • View Profile
Re: whens the best time?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »

I think maybe Liv is taking your little Indy in as his baby.    Are Liv and Indy both males?   I think maybe you could house them together now.  If they are getting along that well then maybe try putting them in the same cage for 1 night and see how it goes.

Each chin has a different personality.  You never know.  By the way it sounds, I`m guessing you are safe.

If any fighting occurs during the night you plan to keep them together, pull 1 out and put it back in its original cage.  Then, wait a while ( few weeks,days) and put them back together in the same cage.

That`s what I think. ::shrug:: 
God Bless Chinchillas!

olivia41

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: whens the best time?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 03:26:53 PM »

thank you! we will try that out one of the next couple nights and see how it goes  ::) also, we have a closed in dust bath house and they have been squeezing in together and rolling around together, is this good?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up