Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello new friends!  (Read 1509 times)

StaffaClan

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Hello new friends!
« on: July 24, 2009, 03:10:36 AM »

Hey there everyone! I'm so glad to make your acquaintance! My name is Luna and my boyfriend Dracano and I are the Staffa Clan.  We just recently got our first chinchilla Krondo who is a 4 month old standard grey. He is SO hyper you wouldn't believe! Constantly wall hopping and climbing EVERYTHING! I just love Krondo but he is Dracano's pet.. I do want one for myself but I am stuck at this exact second. I'm sure I don't need to remind you how bad the job market is right now but I know it VERY well.. I have been looking for a job for a year and the last 2 jobs I had within this past year both screwed me royally.. I have my heart set on Optimus, Kron's 6 month old big brother who is also a standard grey. Optimus's real/current name is Bill but when I finally get him his name will be officially changed to Optimus. Optimus is the SWEETEST chin you have ever met in all your life and being that most of you have had chins all your life makes him that much more impressive. Unlike most chinchilla's Optimus is a complete cuddlebug. He never squirms to get out of your hands, in fact you have to fight to get him to let go of your shirt to put him down. I want Optimus so badly and the only problem I'm having is that my breeder can't lend me a temporary cage so that Optimus and Krondo could get to know each other. I'll keep you all updated! Thanks for reading!

I remain,

Luna

Petco Chinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • My Baby, Fluff Muffin
    • View Profile
Re: Hello new friends!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 09:32:29 AM »

Hello Luna!! ;)

Welcome  to the Chinchilla Club! :::grins::

So, from what I understand,  Krondo and Optimus are both boys, and your boyfriend has Krondo while the breeder has Optimus?

Did you go to the breeders and hold Optimus? Are you keeping Optimus at your house? If so how are you keeping him, when you said you needed a temporary crate?

Sorry for all the questions. :)   Just like to know more about my surroundings. ::nod::
God Bless Chinchillas!

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: Hello new friends!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 06:18:25 AM »

::silly::    Hi Luna! 
Welcome to the Chinchilla Club Forum and to the Wonderful World of Chinchillas!!!

OK Let's see ...   ::think::
Dracano is your boyfriend and the owner of Krondo, brother to the other male chinchilla Optimus. 
You are Luna and you want to get Optimus, who is the brother chinchilla to Krondo, owned by your boyfriend.
You will get Optimus from the breeder as soon as you can get a temporary cage. 
But you can't get a temporary cage because you are not working right now.
Is this correct so far?

You may not need a temporary cage, you may need a permanent second cage, because: 
1)  Once the brothers stay apart so long ... they may no longer get along because they have lost each other's scents and will have to be re introduced to each other.  If they squabbled as kits, momma chin kept them separated ... she won't be there now.
2)  What if you and your boyfriend break up?  It is doubtful he would take only his chin and the leave cage for you to use.   

If you can not afford a cage, what will happen to the chin if he gets sick?  Vet bills are much more than the cost of a cage.  Maybe it would be best to start a savings account for chinchilla emergencies, before you actually get a chinchilla.   ::nod::    Wouldn't this be much more fair to the chinchilla?

::wave::  Jo Ann

There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed
Pages: [1]   Go Up