Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Kitties - Marmite  (Read 1867 times)

Velvet

• Appreciation points: 0
  • Sir Felix the Fuzzball - Beloved by all!!!
    • View Profile
My Kitties - Marmite
« on: June 14, 2009, 07:52:30 AM »

Hello everyone!

Thought I would introduce you to Felix's "Sisters"...  Firstly we have Marmite, tortoiseshell domestic long hair.  Mities is the SWEETEST and most affectionate cat ever and loves absolutely everyone and everything.  She is about 4 years old now.  She is fixed now (she was my bf's and he didn't have her fixed) but before she was fixed, she had 3 gorgeous kittens. :D
~Meg~<br /><br />1 x Chinnie (Felix), 1.5 x Horses (Velvet and Foal to be), 2x Cats (Marmite and Scrappy)

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: My Kitties - Marmite
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 08:50:20 AM »

::silly::  She is absolutely stunning!

Is she a mouser?  If so, please be very careful about allowing her around Felix.  He is in the rodent family.   :)

Is she strictly an inside cat, or does she go outside sometimes?  If she does go outside on occasions ... be very cautious ... if a cat in the neighborhood has, or is a carrier of, feline distemper (cat pneumonia), which is highly contagious, and she walks over the same area that cat has been, she can carry the feline distemper inside ... if Felix is exposed to it, he could pass away in 24 to 48 hours ... it is very deadly for chinchillas.

I don't want to be an alarmist, but it is better to know these things and avoid them, than it is to find them out after it is already to late.  Simple precautions are so easy. 

::wave::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Velvet

• Appreciation points: 0
  • Sir Felix the Fuzzball - Beloved by all!!!
    • View Profile
Re: My Kitties - Marmite
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 10:05:10 AM »

Hi Jo Ann!

Thank you for the advice!!!

Neither of the cats are mousers.  But I do not allow them access to Felix in any case, can't be too careful.  Both cats go outside but Neither of them leaves the yard.  There are not many cats in the area either...  But thank you for the warning!!! I really appreciate it!
~Meg~<br /><br />1 x Chinnie (Felix), 1.5 x Horses (Velvet and Foal to be), 2x Cats (Marmite and Scrappy)
Pages: [1]   Go Up