Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photography  (Read 4914 times)

FLINTSTONESKID

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Josh Taylor Photography
photography
« on: July 31, 2006, 12:34:06 PM »

hi again everyone, as you know i am getting married next year and right now we are both trying to find the funds in which to do it with. Anyway, within the past year or two i began to get more into amateur photography. I have taken alot of pics but mostly of flowers and insects, waterfalls, things like that, i have a few of landscapes such as Colorado and Jamaica and stuff like that. A few of my pieces were requested by a frame shop around here and i thought that i might began to see if there is any interest online with selling my pitcures. I do have a small free web page that i was able to find to post a few of my pics on, but they arent a great site and i am having problems already with them. But i figured i would post the site on a few of the forums that i am on and see if anyone liked them. As i said, i do have alot, so if you have any requests, i might just have it. I do have a local printer that handles all of my printing needs so if anyone likes anything and knows what size they would like, i can get it ordered. I have also made friends with the local frame shop and i could set something up if in fact anyone would want it framed. Also, if anyones knows of a site that is free that i can host my pictures, i would be greatful for the recommendation. Please feel free to pass along my web page to anyone who might be interested and dont forget to ask, i have alot of pictures that are not on that web page. To the moderators of this site, if you feel that this is an advertisement or if it crosses the forum rules, please delete it and i apologize. Thanks to everyone who looks and even if you are not interested in purchasing any pictures feel free to comment on the pics, a little constructive criticism goes a long way!!

Josh

http://joshtaylorphotographs.blogspot.com/

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: photography
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:38:24 PM »

::silly::Hi Josh,

You have some beautiful pictures ... very unusual flowers!  ::nod::  Where did you find all of them?

When you look at bugs that closely ... you see all kinds of ideas as to what you could call them in a horror movie!

Nice/unusual perspective/views you take.   ::(:Down::  Very good photography.  I did professional portraits for 16 1/2 years.  Think I like it much better now ... I take pictures of chinchillas and wildlife.   ::hah::

::wave::
Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

FLINTSTONESKID

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:40:15 AM »

thank you for your comments, i took my pics in pennsylvania, colorado, florida, louisiana, jamaica, grand cayman, london, amsterdam, lots of places. i have always been very amazed by the complex structures and seemingly impossible beauty of flowers. i am just starting out in this hobby, a few local photographers think that i have talent and should persue it and that is what i am doing. i also dont have off of work very often as i do right now. whenever im laid off i try to take pictures, i actually started doing it as a stress reliever. Thankfully for Jamie, a wonderful person affiliated with this web site, i will hopefully have better site to share with everyone, hopefully i can add more of my pics. i want to thank Jamie so much, there arent many people out there that care anymore or are so helpful and i wanted to pass along my debt of gratitude. Thanks you and thanks to everyone who has looked.

Josh

susansheila

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 12:18:30 PM »

Looks like you take some awesome pictures.  What kind of camera?  Digital?

Sweetnessheart

• Appreciation points: 7
    • View Profile
    • 4 J's Plantation
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 01:26:53 PM »

I love your dragonfly pictures......beautiful!! ::nod::
Janice and Jim
http://www.4jsplantation.com

ECBC V-Pres. - Southeast Unit of Ohio Branch

FLINTSTONESKID

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 04:06:33 PM »

hey everyone, here to answer some questions, joann, i answered your questions on that site, im not sure if you saw them, and yes, it is a digital camera, a nikon to be more exact, and thanks for the comment on the dragonfly, i take these in my own yard, i have a few pretty tolerant dragonflies and he, or she, is one of them. thanks for your comments and questions. hopefully with the help of jamie, i will have another, better site, up and running shortly, thanks again

josh

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 08:30:34 AM »

::silly::Jamie must be building you a web site!   It will be a good one ... she did mine in the beginning and I just added to it over the years.   Don't forget to ask her about the clear cover, like the one she uses in the club store so no one can copy your pictures straight from the web page.   ::nod::

Jo Ann

My Little Jamie

FLINTSTONESKID

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 10:09:34 AM »

Jamie is being very helpful and i owe her a huge debt of gratitude, there arent many people like her out there anymore. the new site is up and running, i might have to tweak it a bit but at least it is running. here is the link to the site and thanks again for everyones help and to those who took a look.

http://www.joshtaylorphotography.com/

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 10:12:47 PM »

::silly::The new sight looks good!   ::thumbsup::

Jo Ann

My Little Jamie

Pages: [1]   Go Up