Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So where is everybody???  (Read 3613 times)

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
So where is everybody???
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:57:28 AM »

Not much going on here so lets hear what's got everyone so tied up. ::nod::
I know the kids are back in school so that a busy time for some.
You guys in the US go back in Aug. Yes?  Our kids don't go back until Sept.5 or so.
I can't believe summer is over, it just flew by for me. Then we don't get much of it anyway, and it rained so much this summer. First year in years we didn't have to worry at all about water levels. ::shrug::That's a good thing I'm sure.

Darling Colby keeps Nanny busy. He's almost 19 months old now. He knows all his colors, some letters & numbers, and can even tell you what MOM,DAD,NAN,POP spell, verbally or written.
Funny I don't know where he got it but he calls his mother MAMA. ;D We do everything to get him to say MOMMY but no way.
He cut his 4 front teeth before Christmas and never cut another on until late May.Now their coming up in a hurry.

Anyone started Christmas shopping yet????? :D

A couple of pics from Colby's first trim to the Marine Lab.
Debbie.nl.ca

Sweetnessheart

• Appreciation points: 7
    • View Profile
    • 4 J's Plantation
Re: So where is everybody???
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 08:04:15 AM »

Hi Debbie,

I agree with you!  It has been quiet around here, but like you said everybody is tied up doing there own thing!

The boys went back to school the last week of Aug.  Joseph is in the Ninth Grade this year.  Jacob is in the First Grade. ( I am getting so Old!)

My chinchillas aren't producing much this year.  I have only had 4 born (2 boys, 2 girls).  Everybody just seems to be happy cuddling instead of "doing the deed"!   :blush2:

I haven't started Christmas shopping yet, but I am thinking about it!  No money to spend though :(  We need to win the lottery!  ::nod::

Not much else happening with me...just hanging out!!

Colby sounds so smart and he is a cutie!  :::grins:: 
Is that Niagra Falls in the background?
Janice and Jim
http://www.4jsplantation.com

ECBC V-Pres. - Southeast Unit of Ohio Branch

Abby W.

• Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 05:59:19 PM »

Hello all!  It has been quite busy for us this summer.  My husband and I have a 16 year old foster daughter.  She is a junior in high school (school started Aug 25 this year) and learning how to drive right now (YIKES!)  We are also preparing for two new babies in the family, both due any day now.  The first will be an in-law to me (my father-in-law is expecting with his new wife), the second will be my nephew, born to the oldest of my little brothers.  It's been twenty years since we've had an infant in the family.  Boy, do I feel old! LOL

I am also looking towards Christmas, the only time of the year I like to shop.  It's so much fun to think how people will enjoy their gifts!

And, of course, my little furry friends keep me pretty busy as well.  We have four babies right now.  Two boys and two girls.  Three have loving homes awaiting them. 

Anyway, that's my life right now.  What's going on with everyone else?

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 08:40:11 AM »

Geez we're all getting old  :2funny:
No Janice not the falls, It's Logy Bay and great example of our coast line. It's places like this that tourist and locals alike get wash away. Never trust the sea.
Just a few weeks ago we lost a young guy of 20 who thought it would be fun to cliff dive from here.
3 of them jumped and only 2 came up.
9 grade & first grade that's a span.
Yes the lottery would be something eh! But it seems the folks who need it can't afford tickets, so the rick keep getting richer.
Now Abby you must have your hands full with a teenager, oh and do I ever remember teaching them to
drive.  ::pull hair::
Though I did find the daughter easier the the son.
Aww new babies Abby it will sure brighten things up.
Here is a little clip of Colby back in Aug.
Colby learning to spell.

Ya know things will calm down a bit as it get colder, I shudder to say.
The other half of Newfoundland, the Labrador end is getting snow already  :doh:
It's sunny here today but only 12c, brrrrrrr as Colby would say.
Must check a few emails before I get into the house work.......puttting it off as long as possible. :D
Have a great weekend all.

Hope every one else is doing well
Debbie.nl.ca

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:09:17 PM »

I am a substitute teacher so I am back to work. I also got engaged last spring and am busy planning a wedding. I have also been trying to complete teh chinchilla quilt I am doing for the Wisconsin MCBA show (a quilt of chinchillas not made from chinchillas. )
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 07:41:17 AM »

That will be some quilt can't wait to see the finished product. ::bouncyball::
Debbie.nl.ca

BrightEyed

• Appreciation points: 1
  • Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
    • Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 09:02:56 AM »

Wow- everyone has been busy it sounds like.

We have been busy here too. My son started 1st grade and it's his first year in year round schools so his first day was July 7th (I think) and he already had one of his 3 week breaks. Its been different.
We also got married August 10th in Asheville and enjoyed a week long honeymoon in a cabin.
We bought our house earlier this year and have been doing a lot of work around here. We had a building built for our chinchillas and are working to get it completed so they can move in before the end of the year.
Work at the animal hospital has been very busy... VERY busy. We had been short employees for months so were over worked. I just went to part time so I can pick up my son from school and be more of a mom around here. We got behind on the house since I was so tired from working so much. Its getting much better around here now.
The chins have been doing very well. 12 babies this year so far! they have kept me busy and we are very proud of them.
Unfortunatly I am having to miss the 1st Empress Meeting in our area because of work- I am very sad and hope to see you all at the next meeting. The Shoots had asked us to go and I am so sorry we are having to miss it! Everyone will have to fill me in.

Hope everyone is doing good!
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
http://www.brighteyedchinchillas.com
central North Carolina
Pages: [1]   Go Up