Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MY CHIN GOT LOSE!  (Read 1823 times)

madie

• Madie
  • Appreciation points: 0
  • I have 2 chinchillas and i live on a farm.
    • View Profile
MY CHIN GOT LOSE!
« on: August 03, 2008, 05:43:17 PM »

I went to see my chin cricket and he was siting on his lava swing swinging. ;D ::silly::. It was sooo funny. After he was done swinging, I got him out and put him in his ball and he got lose!!!!!! My dog started chasing him, trying to bit him. My dog doesn't do well with lil animals. He was very hard to catch. I chased him for 10 mins. I finilly ran him into my mom and dads closet and cot him. I guess I should have checked the lids before I let him go. :doh:. I think my chin gets a kick out of watching me chase him. ::silly:: ::silly::
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 05:48:24 PM by madie »
*~MADIE~*

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: MY CHIN GOT LOSE!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:14:51 PM »

Yeah you have to be careful they're so clever. ::silly::
I find there's no point chasing them because they're so good at getting away, lock your dog away and tempt them with something nice like a treat or a dust bath. Or throw a towel over them. My Cheech likes to be chased too, but Chong just doesn't like to be caught so I know if he gets out and I chase him I'm just going to stress him out so I make sure I don't chase him and trick him instead. :)

trista

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Blog
Re: MY CHIN GOT LOSE!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:24:55 AM »

At the last house I lived in there was a TINY gap on the bedroom door. I never thought anything of it and would let the Chinchillas out to play together without me in the room (Don't worry everyone, it was chin proofed!!! and the girls got along fantastically). Well I heard some commotion in the kitchen and I got up to see that my German Shepherd was watching something in the corner behind the fridge - I immediately went into panic mode and realized it must have been a Chinnie!!!!  :blush2:
I looked and here was Penny, just sittin' in the corner.
LUCKILY my German Shepherd didn't hurt her (she has some slobber on her though) - they are actually buds now. Penny sits near the door and Leila sits next to the cage and they touch noses. From time to time Leila mouths at Penny and Penny doesn't usually care - but Leila gets a scolding!  ::tickedoff::

Lesson learned! I put up a baby gate in front of the door and blocked it even still with a towel.
I never realized how FLAT a Chinchilla can actually make themselves until that day!!! Unreal!   
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
Pages: [1]   Go Up