Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Me, rambling on about my babies. UPDATED with a video.  (Read 2030 times)

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Me, rambling on about my babies. UPDATED with a video.
« on: July 08, 2008, 01:15:36 PM »

They're so unbelievably cute!
I let them out for a five minute play the other day, their first one.
It's really weird because Snake is exactly like her father, loves company and automatically knew how to climb up between the side of the cage and the wall, just like Chong does. Imagine a two week old chinnie going straight up there! Of course I quickly got her down but Boss didn't even seem interested. Boss just likes to hang out like her mother and seems to like human company more. They will both hop into our hands now if we put them into the cage, but Boss more so and she just climbs onto my fingers and goes to sleep.
They're both starting to eat bits of hay and drink a few drops of water too. Cheech looks pooped. She keeps on trying to roll onto her back for a sleep but whenever she does Snake jumps on her like a trampoline. I bet she'll be glad when they're old enough for her to have a few hours brake from them, hehe.

I'm pretty sure they're both girls but I check every couple of days just to get them used to me picking them up and stuff. If they are they might stay with their mommy. I'm not too sure about Chong, the dad yet, he seems lonely but every time I let him out with Cheech he tries to hump her again. He's great with the babies though, but he can only play with them for a few more weeks in case he tries to mate with them too...

At what age would you let mommy and babies have a second level to the cage? I don't want to keep Cheech cramped up for too long, but I don't want the babies to start climbing up and dropping from the top of the cage.

I made a video of Chong, the father babysitting the twins.  :::grins::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiHIHQibKSU
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 02:31:47 PM by Jenova »

Beth

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Me, rambling on about my babies.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 04:40:38 PM »

Adorable story!  Sorry I don't have any advice, I don't know enough yet!  But I'm sure someone here will give you great advice, but you know that.... ::)

cusunfireguy

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Me, rambling on about my babies.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »

Gosh, who couldn't love the babies!  They are the absolute cutest!  Congrats on the Kits!  They are a hoot!

Steven
Steven Mobley<br /><br />\"Free Schapelle Corby\"!

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: Me, rambling on about my babies. UPDATED with a video.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 02:34:11 PM »

Just updated the first post with a video and I have another one of the parents playing before the kits were born.

Chong babysits

Chinnie play time

madie

• Madie
  • Appreciation points: 0
  • I have 2 chinchillas and i live on a farm.
    • View Profile
Re: Me, rambling on about my babies. UPDATED with a video.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 05:16:56 PM »

Just updated the first post with a video and I have another one of the parents playing before the kits were born.

Chong babysits

Chinnie play time
There soooo cute!!! I haven't ever seen any baby chins at all. I can't believe how adorable they are!!! ::silly:: ::silly:: ::silly:: ::silly::
*~MADIE~*
Pages: [1]   Go Up