Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi from Iowa  (Read 3501 times)

abyssa

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Hi from Iowa
« on: June 18, 2008, 01:33:13 PM »

My son and I have only one chinny. He fell in love with them in the 4th grade when his teacher brought her's to class. He has written many articles in school on chinnys. He even made a replica out of styrofoam balls and pipe cleaners. We got our Gandolf 4 years ago. I have been on the site many times to get a working understanding of chinnys. I finally decided to join the forums. Over the past few years this site has been a wonderful tool in the world of chinnys, thanks !!! I have wished we would of also bought his sibling. He seems so alone in the big cage. A playmate would of been great for him. I don't have room in my house for multiple cages so one is all we get.

My son has been trying to make a maze out of cardboard to see if we can get Gandy to run the maze... the funny part was when he just jumped over the walls to get to the end. LOL

Our only other pet is a border collie. We did have a red-bellied toad for 4 years though...I still can't believe it lived that long.

I will say the pet store knows us well. We didn't get gandolf from the pet store, we got him from a private breeder. she kept them all out in a barn. Lots of cages with lots of chinnys.

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: Hi from Iowa
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 04:08:57 PM »

Hi Welcome to the site!  We look forward to getting to know you better and hearing all about Gandolf.  :)

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

Sweetnessheart

• Appreciation points: 7
    • View Profile
    • 4 J's Plantation
Re: Hi from Iowa
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »

Welcome... :::grins::  We are glad you finally decided to join us!! 
Janice and Jim
http://www.4jsplantation.com

ECBC V-Pres. - Southeast Unit of Ohio Branch
Pages: [1]   Go Up