Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the art of scratchin' chin  (Read 2910 times)

Beth

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
the art of scratchin' chin
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:28:33 PM »

Hi everyone!  I thought it was kinda funny just now.  I was petting Lulu through the cage bars, and she pressed up against my hand, so I was petting her a lot harder than I normally do.  She was loving it and moving all around where she wanted me to scratch her, it was so cute!  ::) Has anyone else had a similar experience?

ChillinChinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Evie's Easter Pic!
    • View Profile
    • Chillin' Chinchillas
Re: the art of scratchin' chin
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 11:46:44 PM »

Oh yeah! I have quite a few loving ones. Even more so with the ones I have had since they were little. That's the best!!!!
~Kristin Carlin~
**Chillin' Chinchillas**
(Petie, Roxxy, Addietouille, Widgette, JellyBean, & Smokey, Jovey, Chae, Emma, Rocky, Chance, Daisey, Porter, Tucker, and Ollie)
http://www.chillinchinchillas.com

BrightEyed

• Appreciation points: 1
  • Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
    • Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 08:07:57 PM »

every one of my chins loves to be scratched and will sit and beg for their turn. Thats my secret to win a chin over.. they love it and it works.
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
http://www.brighteyedchinchillas.com
central North Carolina

nemue

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 10:19:35 PM »

I"m still working on my girls, Kira barely lets me pet her, but M'noke will sit there and hop from foot to foot, I think she's still not sure about it.  But, today when I poked my fingers through the cage, Kira liked them, instead of the biting she used to do when I first got her!  I'm ok with that!   ::kiss99::

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 02:54:42 PM »

Some of them are helarious.
My 1/2 blind guy will push his belly right up to the cage for a scratch, and in moving for me to get the right spot he rolls right off the shelf. He 's in a low cage because of his lack of sight,so he don't fall far at all.
It is the funniest thing to watch, the little heads turning side to side, upner here, no there, they really get on like a dog that way. Then my cat loves it too, and just as she does I see the chins scrunching their little noses in delight.
Debbie.nl.ca

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 05:18:19 PM »

Cheech loves it and tilts her head almost upside down when I scratch her. Chong seems to hate me touching him and runs away backwards which is also really funny. But he seems to want attention because he always come over to the bars to see me. So I just let him chew on my finger for now and maybe someday he'll learn to like the scratch.

Leslie

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 09:29:32 AM »

I think it's really important to scratch your chin as much as possible, even if they don't seem to be comfortable with it at first.  I got one of mine from a breeder who'd had him for about 6 months, and it was clear he didn't get scratched very much there.  I just kept on trying and he started sitting for a bit longer each time - and now he'll sit and let me scratch him until I get tired of it!  Except for his belly, he doesn't like that being scratched, he always lets out a little "yip" (but I do it every now and then anyways just to bug him  ::) )

My other guy was born to be scratched.  He is a vicious little beast most of the time (to other people, or when I try to pick him up) but he just loves to be scratched....or it's more like a massage!  He loves having his ears scratched in unison, or being scratched under his chin or under his arms...oh he's so cute!

The chin scratch is what makes having them so worth it.  It's probably the only time most of us feel affection from them.

rodafer

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 09:48:59 AM »

Herman LOVES being scratched! She stands up so I can do her underside and moves in so I do it harder. MOst of the time it is so hard she just rolls over backward! And jumps right back up for more!  rofl
Pages: [1]   Go Up